New enclosure. What reptile should I house?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyng1998

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I recently built an arboreal enclosure from a cabinet I got for free. The dimensions are 40deep x 50 wide and 70 tall cm.
What species can I keep it there? I'm looking at pink tongue or angle headed dragons. Are there any snakes that would suit this size of enclosure? Any suggestions would be much appreciated . Thanks
View attachment 315374

I would love one! they look so pretty! but are they good for beginners? and is this tank big enough?

I don't know much about keping jungles but that looks good for an arboreal gecko or even a gillens (with a bit of modification). Great setup, lots of animals would be good in there but ultimately its up to you. Research something you really want and then try fitting it in :)

Bredli

A Gillens monitor would fit great in that tank [emoji4]

gtp.. perfect for beginners haha. but seriously i think anyone can look after anything if they research.. plus they are pretty much the ultimate arboreal reptile

Oh yeah, for a juvi. He'd have to be bout a year old though. Would stress it out otherwise.

It looks good but I have a few reservations about the ventilation. The vent covers are not well suited to keeping in geckos or small snakes that climb, unless secured with small mesh underneath. Without at least one vent positioned down low ventilation will be limited. Having the vents at the very top makes it more difficult to retain a layer of warm air to establish a good thermal gradient.

It would be suitable for climbing geckos such as a Spiny-taileds, Velvets and Gehyras, although you would need thicker branches for the larger Odeura species. It is just big enough for a single Western or Downs Bearded, or a pygmy monitor or two, but again they would likely need thicker branches. It could also accommodate a couple of Jacky or Central Netted Dragons or an arboreal/semi-arboreal snake up to about a metre long.

Thanks a lot for the advice! The vents I have do have fly screen hot glued in the back, I'll figure a way to put vents in the front.

Maybe use the enclosure for something YOU actually have an intrest in?
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back