A lot of pictures.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Reaction score
I decided since I shot the boa outdoors at the end of summer here in the states, the coastal deserved a little sun time too.

It is a very hot, muggy day here in Minneapolis and the sun just broke out after the morning fog burnt off.

Apologies, my deck rails took a beating from the weather this last year.

This is Jewel! She is a coastal, however I'm not 100% sure what is mixed in. Maybe she has jungle, diamond, or maybe Darwin or some combo of those mixed in, or a mutt by OZ standards. Her mother is a 10 footer and father is about 8 feet long.

This girl is getting a bit thicker these days and is over six feet long at 2 years 2 months old.

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

I tried to capture her pattern and coloring on the sides. I think she is starting to look a lot more coastal than jungle. Initially a lot of folks pegged her as a jungle around here.

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

She was moving about constantly and getting any quality images was difficult. I was able to get some shots closer up which was surprising given her obvious enthusiasm to explore.
DSC01701.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

She really isn't yellow, but more ivory and black with browns and even some red mixed in. Her tail is becoming a burnt color which was probably her most yellow area early on.

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

I may do some in cage photos this winter but this is it for the outdoor stuff for the year.
DSC01687.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

Thanks for checking her out!

Nice snake as usual Primo!
Looks a bit like Herpo's carpet.

Bredli

Thanks for the kind words both of you. Now I'm of course going to have to look for Herpo's carpet photos.

SniperCap,

Are you new board admin, or have you always been?
I just noticed the red title tonight.

Thanks for the kind words both of you. Now I'm of course going to have to look for Herpo's carpet photos.

SniperCap,

Are you new board admin, or have you always been?
I just noticed the red title tonight.

New admin/owner as of July buddy.

She's a beauty, Primo. I wish I had her.

She's a beauty, Primo. I wish I had her.

Hey Bill, I know you LOL!

This was a very inexpensive, semi impulse buy at an expo. I was looking for carpets, boas and retics. I saw this girl advertised as a coastal, and I decided, "Why not take a risk on something that could grow really big?".

I don't expect her to keep these great colors, and I actually prefer colors that are close to the natural colors from the wild anyhow.

I feel I'm just lucky to have a snake that is from OZ.

I have one from the South American continent, one from the African continent and another from OZ.

I'm pretty happy!

Does look a bit like mine. I reckon it'll look more similar as he gets older. [MENTION=40733]Primo[/MENTION], the only photo of him I have at the moment is my profile pic. Or my, "who needs a ball python" thread contains a less high quality pic if you want. Very nice snake. I personally disagree with calling them mutts just because of the errors we have cause muddying their genes.

As I was saying, very nice snake. I hope mine ends up looking like that!

Does look a bit like mine. I reckon it'll look more similar as he gets older. @Primo, the only photo of him I have at the moment is my profile pic. Or my, "who needs a ball python" thread contains a less high quality pic if you want. Very nice snake. I personally disagree with calling them mutts just because of the errors we have cause muddying their genes.

As I was saying, very nice snake. I hope mine ends up looking like that!

What a thoughtful comment, thank you.

When I say "mutt" I'm just using the term to describe the unknown genetics. Here in the states, we often don't have locality or purity records. Although there are some breeders that do.

A lot of the mixing and such is to manipulate patterns and colors.

I am personally more attracted to the wild or "Mother Nature" colors.

In the case with this snake, I simply wanted a carpet python and saw this girl at an expo. She was labeled as coastal, the breeder said the mother was a rescue and he had no data on her. The mother is a 10 footer and the father is 8+ feet.

I liked the idea of the potential size, and I did like her pattern and inexpensive price.

I guess it worked out, and folks seem to think she is pretty so that's a plus.

Thanks Primo. I sort of guessed you didn't think of them as mutts yourself. Why would you own one if you did?

I personally don't mind whether or not the animals I have a mixed genes or not. You can't undo what has been done, and the animal is alive, so why not give them a good home? In a way, it's sort of like "making" new plants. Selecting different animals to get desired traits out of the offspring. Quite interesting.

Anyway, as I said, stunning animal! Hope you'll post more photos soon. I look forward to your posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back