Elapid feeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker

Reaction score
Here is a quick video of me feeding my eastern brown. I will put one up of my northern death adder getting feed after someone replies. Only able to have one video per post.

[video=youtube;kV14zA7ERLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV14zA7ERLI[/video]

Cheers, Cameron

Someone else commented so here is the northern death adder feeding.
[video=youtube;-P3gvluC5ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3gvluC5ZI[/video]

No problem, glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers, Cameron

Nice cameron! Didn't know you had a channel (I'm subscribed now).

Hahaha only reason I put them on youtube was because it was annoying me with how long it took to upload to facebook.
Cheers, Cameron

Great to see them feeding, thanks for sharing.

Can I ask how you go about cleaning their enclosures, how do you get them out for quick cleans and change of water etc? Do you just hook them out into a tub or is their something more involved? I'd be shaking the whole time haha

No problem.
I just hook them out and place them into a holding bin. Then I do all the cage maintenance that I need to do and hook the snakes back into their enclosures. It just comes down to experience with them, they aren't as scary as you would expect them to be. I find elapids a lot more predictable compared to pythons.

Cheers, Cameron

No problem.
I just hook them out and place them into a holding bin. Then I do all the cage maintenance that I need to do and hook the snakes back into their enclosures. It just comes down to experience with them, they aren't as scary as you would expect them to be. I find elapids a lot more predictable compared to pythons.

Cheers, Cameron

Thanks for the reply Cameron, that seems fairly straight forward then. I'd still be needing an undie change if I had to do it though lol

No problem.

Cheers, Cameron

Great advice there mate for wannabe elapid keepers.

Nice looking critters Cameron. Love Browns and Adders. Had a couple of Browns almost identical to this one a little while back, had some really nice banded ones as well. From memory I gave them to my old mate Nev Burns when he got back into doing shows again. Mine were a lot more ferocious at feeding time to this little fella. Had heaps of Adders too. They were all kept separately in a bank of 12 cages. When I'd open their doors to feed them the tails would just go off. I'd open the door, stand back a little and lob the mouse in. They were that quick that they'd take it either before or as the mouse hit the ground. I'd show friends sometimes and they couldn't believe how fast and accurate they were. Ended up giving all them to a mate who's a well known adder freak just before he moved up to north Qld.

Good vids my friend,

GW.

George.

No problem Snapped. Elapid keeping is very straight forward, less can go wrong if you keep it simple.

Thanks Reptalica.

Thanks George. Browns are certainly a favourite of mine, love the variation that is present in each species. I wouldn't mind a couple nice banded textilis one day. Haha don't worry this one is starting to get a lot more ferocious when it comes to feeding. This time last year it was only eating if I left the food in over night, I'm sure it is going to start to be a very fun snake at feeding time.
I have never been a big fan of adders, but this little one has grown on me. Adders are certainly impressive snakes when they strike. Always a fun animal when it comes to feed time. This ones still only a couple months old so still a bit dopey with his aim. I'm sure his going to become a lot more better at aiming as he gets older.

Cheers, Cameron

Awesome thanks for sharing and the slowmo on the adder just shows how much that goes on faster than the naked eye incredible!!

Yeah I was surprised at first how the adder missed the mouse, but now that you mentioned it's age it's understandable.
Their speed never ceases to amaze me, their ability to take a mouse off a pair of tongs and get back to the original position with only a slight tug on the tongs, and a blur of movement is unreal. Split second strike speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back