Bark from Bunnings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
Hi, just need some help. Moving my lizards outside into a tub and just want to know if bark from Bunnings, like Euci Mulch, is okay to use? And is it better to use bark or play sand? Thanks.

Yeah, species would help.
I put my adult water dragon in an outside enclosure with the bottom 3/4 potting mix and topped it off with soil from my worm farm.
If that helps/

Sorry. Shinglebacks, Blue-tongue and Bearded.

One person told me Euci is fine because it's organic, but it has warnings on the bag so I wasn't sure. Wanted a few more opinions.

If your outdoor enclosure is big enough, I'd do a mix of sand and leaf litter style mulch. Not mixed up, but sand in one part, leaf litter in the other. The beardie(s) will love some sand to dig in. What percentage of each depends on how many of each you have.

Thanks. It's only about 1200x1200. It's a tub. I was thinking of adding leaf litter too if I used sand. Do you know if that mulch is safe though?

Not sure on that one. I know the sugar cane mulch is ok for blueys and shinglebacks. Your enclosure is still big enough to have 2 different substrates. You'll need plenty of hiding spots too.

I have bean using the euci mulch for awhile for my shingles and bluetongue, not sure about beardies though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back