It's Finally Ready!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of you may recall that I mentioned Popeye's new enclosure would soon be ready. Well, today, my dad and I put together this not too shabby enclosure for the good reptile.

This is Popeye exploring his new "apartment". Enjoy!

attachment.php

I was meant to have two photos, but one won't download. Sorry for the bad quality, taken with my phone.

Herpo

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try and post another photo later.

Attachments

• IMG_20150925_181727.jpg
    IMG_20150925_181727.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 292
Thanks everyone. The new one is about 50x30x30. Granted, I doubt it will last him long, but I felt it was time for him to move out of his click clack. I'm curious though, right now, he is at 33 degrees. Is that enough or too much? Right now, he is having a rest in his hide.

The temperture "measurement thingie" (for want of a better word) is sticking out of the middle of the rock background. You can see it in the photo, under the vine near the center.

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically a good 20cm under the heat lamp.

If the probe is under the heat lamp, then 33 is pretty much on the money. I wouldn't let it get any hotter though. Do you know what it is at the other end?

I'll check what it is at the other end tomorrow. Right now, we are letting him settle in without bothering him. Once again though, thanks for the help guys, I really do appreciate it.

The temperture "measurement thingie" (for want of a better word) is sticking out of the middle of the rock background. You can see it in the photo, under the vine near the center.

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically a good 20cm under the heat lamp.
If that's the thermostat or thermometer it should be measuring the temperature at the hottest part of the cage that the snake can get to so it wont over heat.

That's the word! Thanks wokka. Well, then, we've done it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, he shed last night. You can see the skin ready to come off around his tail in the photo. He's a nice yellow and black right now. He always looks so good post shed. :)

Just out of curiosity do u know what the temp is where the snake hide is?? if it's reading 33 at the probe which is half way up the wall what's the temp down along the bottom where the Hide is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back