Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My eastern, lizzie (I think she's a girl, not sure if she has been sexed by the previous owner)

Will get some full-body shots later, but for now some of her hunting (excuse crappy ipad pics)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 374
[MENTION=14981]jinjajoe[/MENTION] those blueys are INSANE! I can see some awesome blueys coming!!!

Full body shot of Lizzie:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
Wow there are some great colours out there! Well here's another quick snap of my crew. They're your plain old, classic colours.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 315
Nice WA form Centralians.
Have you tried candling them for determining what their genders are?

Heres some examples of what I mean from when I used to keep them.

Female.
female_zps3094766c.jpg

Male.
male1_zpseb7ee85f.jpg

cheers,
Dave.

Thanks for the photos Dave. I tried candling them months ago when I first got them, but I found it very difficult trying to hold them and the torch at the same time. I wasn't able to determine anything. Although just yesterday one of them was defecating and I saw two pinky-purply tubes extruding from the vent. I was thinking that maybe they were "his" hemipenes. Maybe. Anyway, I was considering selling them as I've got quite a few lizards at the moment!

EDIT: Just had another go at candling and looks like I have a boy and a girl. The third one I'm not 100% sure, however.

Last edited:
Dave interesting method, does it work with easterns and other reptiles, even if they are juvenile (pythons)?

Dave interesting method, does it work with easterns and other reptiles, even if they are juvenile (pythons)?

In blueys, it really only is useful on Centralians.

It can be helpful on other skinks and small monitors, I don't know of any snakes though. Danny Brown has this method outlined very well in his series of books.

That's a great picture Rory of the 'illumination technique' I have found that it works real well on some critters including some other skink species... definitely not the 'shiznit' for them all tho !!! Cheers...

- - - Updated - - -

Another hopeful axanthic Eastern bluey next to a pure Eastern albino that seems to retain some melanin strangely....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 125
Big girls.

Attachments

• 20151026_183053.jpg
    20151026_183053.jpg
    949.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20151026_184214-1.jpg
    20151026_184214-1.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 95
[video=youtube;KXXhGoeZvts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXXhGoeZvts[/video]

FIFY

Dave, Awesome video of your Victorian Phase Alpine Blotched Blue-Tongues mating thanks for sharing.

cheers, Les.

Dave, Awesome video of your Victorian Phase Alpine Blotched Blue-Tongues mating thanks for sharing.

cheers, Les.

Not my video Les, it's Richard's vid and skinks. I only helped embed it properly into the thread.

Hence why I said FIFY (Fixed It For You).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back