How long without heating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlytherinGirl

Reaction score
Hello! I'm currently in Canberra studying, but my snakes live with my family in my hometown two hours away. I have just found out that my 6yo Darwin Carpet Python's heat lamp has broken. I can't get back home immediately; how long can she go without heating?

Without the heating, it is possible that her enclosure is getting up to 27 degrees or so in the mid-afternoon (her enclosure is in a sunny part of the house), but I think in the night it could get down to 15.

Cheers!!

It would only be a concern if you have recently fed her within a few days of the globe blowing, but with temps of 27 during the afternoon then still should not be a problem.

Thanks guys!! She did have a rat last Friday though (so, three days before the lamp died)... Does that make things more urgent?

If she had 2-3 days of good heat from the lamp after eating, I can't see it being a problem. Especially with the temps still reaching around 27 as you said.

Adam

considering we are going into summer your snake would be fine for the next 4-5 months without any heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back