Runners for glass on a DIY enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof_Moreliarty

Reaction score
Hey all anybody know where I can get the dual runners for glass sliding doors or know a proper name for em asked 10 different people at bunnings nobody had a clue.

Sounds like you had really bad luck at your particular Bunnings. They are normally better than that.

Part of the problem might be that if you mention "glass door tracks", then they immediately assume you are talking about external house doors or perhaps even mirror type sliding doors for wardrobes. It might help to specify that you are looking for cabinet or small cupboard sliding glass doors.

If that does not help, here is some info direct from the Bunning on-line catalogue for the product that Adam mentioned:
Model Name: Glass Track Plastic Cowdroy 1800mm White.
Model Number: P02626

Sounds like you had really bad luck at your particular Bunnings. They are normally better than that.

Part of the problem might be that if you mention "glass door tracks", then they immediately assume you are talking about external house doors or perhaps even mirror type sliding doors for wardrobes. It might help to specify that you are looking for cabinet or small cupboard sliding glass doors.

If that does not help, here is some info direct from the Bunning on-line catalogue for the product that Adam mentioned:
Model Name: Glass Track Plastic Cowdroy 1800mm White.
Model Number: P02626

yeah I mentioned what they were for but still no luck.. anyway thanks for model number.

In that case, there is a possibility that your particular store does not carry it. From experience i know that all Bunnings branches do not carry identical product ranges.

The info I provided came from the general catalogue and the pathway shown for it on that was as follows, if that's any help...
Home › Our Range › Building & Hardware › Door, Window & Gate Hardware › Door Track › Wardrobe & Cupboard › Cowdroy Glass Track Plastic 1800mm White. If Bunnings don’t carry it then maybe try and Google local distributors of the product.

Hope you have better luck this time around.

Last edited:
Mate, I have them. Im a glazier located on the gold coast, send me a pm if you have no luck.
Cheers Ryan

I normally use Bunnings but if I cant get them I go to Masters or Mitre 10. Same thing but a bit more expensive.

Mate, I have them. Im a glazier located on the gold coast, send me a pm if you have no luck.
Cheers Ryan

Thanks mate I'm sure I'll find them at one of my local hardware stores. On the GC too so I'll let you know if I have trouble :)

just buy the direct from the distributer , it's cheaper even including the postage and you don't have to deal with the know nothing staff at Masters or Bunnings and then find the stuff hidden away in one of the display shelves.

Last edited:
just buy the direct from the distributer , it's cheaper even including the postage and you don't have to deal with the know nothing staff at Masters or Bunnings and then find the stuff hidden away in one of the display shelves.
Link to the direct from distributor, you mentioned please? I going to be needing a bunch of them

Im putting in another order for track, for 3mm -4mm-5mm glass in white and have found some better quality stuff in black as well if you wanted it. I threw out a heap of the brown tracking because we dont use it anymore.

Black glass tracking

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448426487772.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448426487772.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 155
[MENTION=41991]Ryan-James[/MENTION], Please excuse my ignorance but what is the benefit of of the multi-runner tracks (the 1 on the left) for the life of me i can't see how they would work better than the double track. :) ..................Ron

Not at all Ron, my fault for putting up such a bad pic up.
The one on the left is the bottom track, the glass sits on top of the low grooves - with a divider in between as normal, the grooves are there if you get sand/dust in your track the glass is slightly lifted off the bottom making it much easier to slide, this one is for 6mm glass.
These black ones are a much better design than the other ones we get in.
(I hope this makes sense), I will post a better pic @ work today if you like.
All the best

Last edited:
Like this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448513930358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448513930358.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 92
When you do get around to getting the glass panels don't bother with permanent ground in grooves. Our finger grips are developed by us directly in Australia. These come in many styles which are actually comfortable to use and can be removed if required. They are also thin enough to pass between any panel of glass.

We sell the directly from website - http://virides.com.au/shop/sliding-glass-finger-grips

You can pay with your credit card securely through Paypal and you do not even need Paypal to use it.

Damn. I just paid for groves in my beardie's glass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you want you can still get them to put beside them or reverse the panels so the grooves are inside and place them at the back of the groove. This is what our customers do when they can't get new panels to replace them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back