How to humanely kill cane toads.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right, all you northerners, unless you fill your fridge with dirty toads and run the risk of making your family sick, your just unethical......

How much of our taxpayers money did it cost to learn this crap?

Don't be so harsh mate, post-grad students are not costing you (taxpayer) anything. It is important piece of research, a step forward from 9 iron. Btw, this method is not applicable to reptiles, not even to other species of amphibians.

Last edited:
[MENTION=20031]Waterrat[/MENTION], but m8 a 9 iron works so well and as an added bonus it helps to improve your short game. :) ...............Ron

[MENTION=20031]Waterrat[/MENTION], but m8 a 9 iron works so well and as an added bonus it helps to improve your short game. :) ...............Ron

Ron, I hope you don't get upset when people suggest that snakes and shovels go well together.

Who pays for it then mate? Government grant?

Not necessarily, research grants come from various NGO sources such as mining companies, businesses (e.g. Dick Smith), Foundations (e.g. W.V. Scott Foundation), pharmaceutical companies, philanthropists and many, many others. Sleep tight mate, your taxes probably go to dole bludgers. LOL

Last edited:
Ron, I hope you don't get upset when people suggest that snakes and shovels go well together.

If you can point me to a Cane Toad appreciation group, or a forum of Cane Toad collectors I will apologize most energetically to them. :) .....................Ron

If you can point me to a Cane Toad appreciation group, or a forum of Cane Toad collectors I will apologize most energetically to them. :) .....................Ron

Lol, I had a good laugh with this. Ahhh, precious...

As much as I hate the Cane toads and the damage they're doing, I can't see what's wrong with killing them humanely. A golf club would most probably cause hours, if not days of unnecessary suffering.

It looks like people here think the research paper (if they actually read it) is a recipe for randomly killing toads as we go. There are professional collectors supplying university labs, and other organizations with specimens for dissections, etc., and that's when it matters.

Lol, I had a good laugh with this. Ahhh, precious...
[MENTION=41642]Herpo[/MENTION], you might have got a good laugh at my statement but i got an even greater laugh at seeing that statement used as your Sig. :) :) ...........................Ron

Well, I've seen others do it, but I was waiting for a worthy statement. I found it lol.

Is that as humanely ....... As in how our native wildlife die when poisoned by them ?

If so , then I would recommend a 3 iron !

Undoubtedly more people will participate in Cane Toad eradication if the recognized humane way to euthanise them is as easy as putting them in the freezer. Perhaps that has been lost a little in this thread.

i don't live in cane toad country anymore, but I'd be stuffed if I would put a bagful of those things in my fridge or freezer where I keep food.
I have also noticed outright kills with a golf stick, its a solid blunt force trauma to the brain and very quick, no stress on the toad because there is no being caught by a human and handled and put into a plastic bags with your mates with no oxygen.
It may not be sanctioned by the animal rights activists who usually have their heads in the clouds anyway, but is it effective ?yes. If the first blow doesn't kill it then It is heavily stunned and doesn't feel the next one coming. I don't actually see anything wrong with that approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back