Can someone tell me what my jungle python is doing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miacons

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new snake owner and was wondering if anyone could tell me what my snake is doing? He'll slither down and sit in this spot all night until I turn his lights back on the next morning. It's only been happening recently.

Jungle python, 11 months old, feeding on small hopper mice

Thanks fam

Attachments

• 1449063844105686093385.jpg
    1449063844105686093385.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 307
Classic A1 hunting mode . Wiggle your finger in front of him . He will like that

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe looking for car keys . I know I left them here somewhere

After he has chewed on your finger you should increase the food size. I would be offering weaner rats , about 35 grams (about double the size of weaner mice. You could use large mice if you wish but they may be harder to find.

Lights out = Hunting mode, as wokka said up the food size.

Oooo okay, i thought as much, thanks for confirming my suspicions everyone ;)

I also shall add

I also wanted to add that getting a jungle onto rats may be harder than you think, my old jungle when he was till a hatchy i transfered him from mice to rats asap. They are just overall better for the snake. Now what you may have to do fr a few feeds is scent the rats with a defrosted mouse. Or even brain the rats. (basically puncturing their brain to make the scent more enticing for a snake). Both of these alone didnt work for my jungle however so i strategically held the mouse above the rat with feeding tongs/tweezers. When he struck at them I qucikly moved the mouse out of the way so he would grab the rat instead. Wastes a bit of money but in the long run its better, you could also feed the mouse as well, but its better to keep him on rats once he starts eating them. May take a while, patience and practice. Don't worry hell get there eventually. It is annoying and upsetting when he wont take it so don't expect any better for at least a few weeks, but with persistence he should take the rats eventually. He will also grow quicker, shed more and not look as hungry. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back