Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of snakes that i come across very rarely, a treat to see in the flesh.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 89
A couple of beauties there Cement!

Just out of curiosity, was the Stephen’s located near a stream and was it off the ground? I have not actually seen a Dwarf Crown in real life, but it looks like it might put on a bit a show like its larger cousin. Is that the case?

Nice snakes.

Hi mate, no the stephans I got out of a persons bathroom at 3 am. They are nocturnal tree dwellers usually.
The Krefft's can do a bit of a display, but any snake will if you stir them up. My aim is always to handle snakes as gently as possible to avoid them putting on threat displays, it causes them stress. Even just getting scented by red bellies for eg, to me , means that I took too long, was to rough, and should have done it better. But in this game things aren't always simple.

Bluetongue,

I am lucky enough to live very close to a Stephens hotspot and have seen them 50+ times in the field and I have not once found them off the ground. I spend far too much time wandering on the bush. They have gone arboreal after being found but day or night they have been on the ground.
Sometimes streams were nearby but often they were a fair way from any watercourse.

Dwarf crowns are a favourite of mine and once again I am fortunate to find them close by. Regularly find them in my yard in fact. They do put on a good display but often spoil it by falling over. I don't relocate them but leave them be.

- - - Updated - - -

The dwarfs usually put on a display because I find them buried in mulch when gardening. It's hard not to stress something when you are turning over mulch and one is suddenly plonked in full sunlight. Anyone would be upset by that.
I've never had one strike with an open mouth when moving them to the side they just seem to head butt with a closed mouth. I usually just move them a few feet from where I am working and they disappear under the mulch pretty quickly.

Stunning juvenile Coastal Taipan removed from a bedroom the other day. Since then I have come across 2 others all the same size in the Whitsunday area.

Taipan1PB_zpsszmv1hhr.jpg

Taipan8PB_zpsbo4bsq71.jpg

Taipan12PB_zpsixfjdsan.jpg

Stunning mate, nice share; must be part of a taipan "plague":).

Here's a nice local texty (SA) and the largest RBB I've ever found (also SA). The RBB was a nice surprise as most local snakes are not as large as those from the eastern seaboard.

Attachments

• birdwood easty 007.jpg
    birdwood easty 007.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Big RBB 023 [1600x1200].JPG
    Big RBB 023 [1600x1200].JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Big RBB 015 [1600x1200].JPG
    Big RBB 015 [1600x1200].JPG
    309.3 KB · Views: 74
  • birdwood easty 004.JPG
    birdwood easty 004.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Great looking Tai Firepac. They are a stunning looking snake from juvenile to adult. One of my favourites. Reminds me of some youngins that I got off Shane Black many, many years ago.

Ditto with the Brown and RBB IV. The RBB is spectacular.

Cheers,

George.

Thanks George:). I would argue the SA RBB are the best in the Country, for those who like black-nosers with crimson red sides:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back