Sealents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyNut

Reaction score
Hi,
Ok so thus far I'm looking at pond shield to seal the main part if the enclosure and some fibreglass cloth to seal the corners. The fibreglass will cost stuff all ($20 at most) however the pond shield is going to cost me around $230 ($160 usd)..... Anyone know some safe sealants available within Australia?

Thanks
C.N

Pond shield? Is that a liquid sealer? If so, there are two on the market in Australia that I am aware of. Crommelins is one brand, and I don't remember the name of the other. :oops:
One leaves a matt finish, the other shiny, so depending on the look you are after, get that one.

Yeh liquid sealer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh. It looks like Crommelins does not water proof entirely only provides water resiantace and needs to be reaplied every couple of years.

That's interesting, as both of the ones I mentioned are pond sealers. Thinking about it, I think it's the Crommelin one that is less shiny; the one sold at Bunnings is more shiny. But of course I could have it back to front. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back