Signs of illness in snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

Reaction score
I know of scale rot and RI's, things like that. What I'm really worried about is stuff like DPS, IBD, Sunshine virus ect.

I have a diamond and have heard the horror stories of all the neurological problems they can have, so I will admit I'm somewhat paranoid about it. He has exhibited some weird behavior my other snake (jungle) doesn't show. For example after eating he will wipe the sides of his snout on every surface available and sometimes he will have a little bit of a wobble, not a huge amount but just after eating he is shaking somewhat. Apart from that he's pretty normal, eats/sheds fine and is pretty friendly.

Can anyone tell me if the above behaviors are normal? I've tried googling but it was very unhelpful. Also if anyone has had any experience with these diseases and know the symptoms i'd really appreciate advice or a list of things to look out for,
Thanks,

Most of my snakes rub the sides of their mouths on logs etc after a feed. I always put it down to fixing their jaws or getting substrate out out from their mouths.

I know what you mean about the twitchiness after feeding too. One of my womas does it. Almost like she's on edge waiting for another rat.

[MENTION=88]saikrett[/MENTION] i'm glad to hear mine isn't the only one. The readjusting their jaw theory makes sense, I guess mine is very persistent about it. And very glad to hear that he's not alone in the twitchy-ness as this as it was my biggest concern.
[MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION] glad to hear, was very concerned.

Thanks for the info, i'm much more relieved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back