Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bredlifreak, Thanks for your reply to my last thread much appreciated....here are some photos showing the indoor enclosure l kept my Desert Sand Monitor - Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus in at night time.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0001_6.jpg
    IMG_0001_6.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0002_14.jpg
    IMG_0002_14.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    IMG_0004_1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0005_2.jpg
    IMG_0005_2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 397
The dimensions of this indoor enclosure a 6 foot square by 2 foot high and the walls can be extended to 3 foot high if need be, the enclosure is made from exterior plywood, the floor timber is 20mm thick it also has laminex glued to it for added protection, and the walls a 16mm thick without laminex glued to them, there also is a devider that can be inserted in the middle, so l can then have access to 2 enclosures that a 6 foot long - 3 foot wide - 2 or 3 foot high walls if need be, it also has 9 x caster wheels attached to the floor for easy movement and support.

Very nice Dragon! You know guys, I'm trying to keep my wish list empty, but you aren't helping lol!

Herpo, We all are trying to keep your wish list full...yes we all are helping you that is why we keep on posting photos of our set-up and what we keep or have kept in the past...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Pinefamily, Yes it sure is a great set-up l have here thank you, it was designed by me and built by a closefriend of mine, and it cost me close to $2800.00 for labour and material and electrical which is not cheap.

One more picture and then I think I should back out for now. Don't want to spam the thread.

attachment.php

Dragon_77, what a great enclosure! Just got a cheap cabinet myself and have enlisted my friend's dad to try and turn it into an enclosure.

Attachments

• HeadMorticia.jpg
    HeadMorticia.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 354
One more picture and then I think I should back out for now. Don't want to spam the thread.

attachment.php

Meh, keep them coming. Your little tristis is amazing :)

49fcc76e76f29e0495544d7c5f101117.jpg

The night he moved in, still very defensive. I got that response the moment I sat down on my bed (his enclosure is in my bedroom for now, for his own peace and quiet)

Smitti, that last pic belongs in a horror movie! Perfect jumpscare! And yes everyone keep em coming, make me more jealous!

@Dragon_77, that sounds expensive. What was the main cost?

The main cost of building my indoor enclosure was material, such as timber - laminex - aluminium - wheels - paint and light fittings & batton holders.

This enclosure is made from the second best timber money can buy Exterior Plywood, which is made to last a very long time if put together properly by a qualified tradesmen.

Herpo, here is a photo of a Lace Monitor that belongs in a horror movie.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_34550002-1.jpg
    IMG_34550002-1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 340
It's like gazing into a wormhole! Oh, the bottomless black abyss! :p

I had no such display from my Tristis first night home. But I did manage to get nailed! Then, next day, on the same finger, I got nailed by a feral kitten. The kitten bite looked messier, but it felt like a pinch compared to the monitor bite. Very powerful for such a small lizard. Sure has been a while since the last time I was bitten by a monitor.

Last edited:
You're right, a surgeons best friend. Well, you know, aside from the likely gangrene...

Absolutely correct when saying not helping with the wish list lol new to hobby we have three central dragons young daughter and I have hinted were building a reptile
room I don't think that the wife has grasped what we mean or has she I am an extremist lol

where looking at a pair of Sand Monitors would a 8ft long 3 foot high 2ft wide be big enough?

Last edited:
Back