Introducing two Bearded Dragons to each other

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

niltiac221

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick question. I couldn't find a thread on here about this or anything on youtube without the beardies biting and puffing at each other defensively.

I have two beardies, one hatchling and the other is a sub adult. Both housed seperately.
I was hoping to be able to introduce them once they're around the same size to avoid any injuries, how exactly do you go about introducing them? Just by putting them separate sides of the room supervised?

Thank you

Simple answer; you don't. Beardies are solitary creatures that should never be kept together. If you want to breed them, you introduce the male into the female's enclosure during the breeding season. Once they have done the deed, you take the male out.
You might find they will live together quite happily, but there will be that one day when one turns on the other.

I have no intentions on housing them together now or in the future. I'm talking about when it comes to out of the enclosure on the couch or floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't keep them anywhere near eachother even outside of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back