Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerpentWanderer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just have a few questions and to introduce myself. I have owned reptiles before when I was younger and now that I am older and can support the hobby once again I'd like some advice. I used to own a central bearded dragon, eastern blue tongue and a childrens python. Unfortunately when I was younger the family had to get let them go to someone else because we couldnt support them at the time. Reptiles have always fascinated me with the personality they give off and just the sheer looks of some of them.

1. Where on the great wide web can i find the list of species I can own in QLD and the classes 1, 2, 3 like NSW? all i found was a list of birds, birds, more birds oh and look some children's pythons that i can own under a WRL permit. If someone could please copy and paste the link to such a list I would be grateful.

2. My line of work could mean that I am away for a month or 2 at a time. I plan on owning a python (either a childrens or stimpsons at this point) and later on once I become comfortable maybe a death adder if at all possible. Best case scenario I wait until someone moves in with me so feeding/maintenance isn't an issue. However if I didn't wait how long can a python safely go without some food after a big feed? I would rather know now before I make too many plans because the animals welfare is most important to me.

3. Do I need to do any courses to get a reptile licence in QLD? and I am assuming if later down the track if I do hope to own a venomous species, i will need to take courses on how to "safely" handle them.

Thanks everyone and I do appreciate any help.

No nothing about QLD lisence other than the odd rumour of it being a list of stuff you can't have rather than what you can. It seems true because I don't know of a single herp in the whole country QLD can't have lol I mean the only privatley kept captive Varanus prasinus is kept in QLD.

The pythons might be alright without food for that long (I have gone away for a month before with no issues) the main concern would be water (when I went away someone came around gave all my herps water a week before I returned). Dehydration can be a problem even in desert dwelling reptiles.

Thank you. I guess I will get the licence and wait :) I am not in a rush anyway. I guess I can start reading up on the forum as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I guess I will get the licence and wait :) I am not in a rush anyway. I guess I can start reading up on the forum as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats the best plan knowledge is everything and read up and ask these guys/girls questions. All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back