Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pygmy Mulga. I relocate enough of them but owning one would be the ultimate..

Albino olive, skill level just ain't there yet

Are there any albino Olive Pythons in WA? Beautiful snakes, I like the normal coloured ones too.

There's lots of reptiles I would like to keep. Unfortunately they're not allowed to be kept in WA, even some of the WA natives that I like. I would like to keep a very dark South West Carpet Python one day, just haven't been able to source any, find plenty of the brightly coloured ones though.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep elapids, particularly the less dangerous ones (e.g Dwyer's, Golden Crowned, YFW) but licensing in ACT (and my age) would forbid that

- - - Updated - - -

A girlfriend would be nice too ;)

There are a number of exotic lizards that I would like to have as a pet, though I would never advocate for letting them into Australia.

Would also love to have the money to buy an Indian Palm Squirrel. Cute muchly.

Thorny Devil. Just the cutest little things. Can't see a way of feeding them adequately without living on an ant nest.

- - - Updated - - -

Too hi maintenance, better off with a nasty olive? At least when they go after you, you know why!

Had one of those.. lasted 6 months... and a ****load of cash... hahaha

I must be doing something wrong, my wife and I have been together for 35 years. Nearly everyone else that I know has been separated/divorced and remarried , some 2 or 3 times and each time it cost the guy a fortune to get rid of the old ball-n-chain.

I've been threatening to trade my old ball-n-chain in on a couple of nubile young 20 to 30-something ladies, they can keep me in a style I would like, ie me the retired house husband/man of leisure, her the one having to go to work everyday to fund my hobbies and the like .....

Last edited:
All good my end brother. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. We are close friends (no benefits. ..dammit, she was a good ro...never mind) but now i have freedom completed one full sleeve (tattoo) and having the 2nd drawn up. Bought reptiles i never thought i would do again. Skydive soon. Climbed great wall of china... oh and was tapping a 22yr old... ps im 39 hahahaha. Outside of that i/we dont have ill feelings nor hate towards each other i live 2mins drive from her place and we still get on great... still love her to death but for now we have called it quits... when you get home kiss your wife and buy her a new herp (they love that right)

Last edited:
Are there any albino Olive Pythons in WA? Beautiful snakes, I like the normal coloured ones too.

There's lots of reptiles I would like to keep. Unfortunately they're not allowed to be kept in WA, even some of the WA natives that I like. I would like to keep a very dark South West Carpet Python one day, just haven't been able to source any, find plenty of the brightly coloured ones though.

Very doubtful unfortunately, i have never even seen a normal up for sale. How I envy the eastern states (only in regards to the variety of reptiles avaliable)

when you get home kiss your wife and buy her a new herp (they love that right)

That's how my albino darwin came to our possession... A mum's day gift for her, that I genuinely thought she wanted (was going absolutely gaga over one a few weeks prior). Apparently that =/= actually wanting one. Oh well, she left it with me when she went her separate way.

In the category of never-gonna-happen, Varanus Prasinus. But I'd happily take a varanus keithhornei in lieu.

Last edited:
Haha, no this is great, I'm returning to the thread just to see more funny reptile wife stories!

Satanic Leaf-tailed Gecko for me ;)

Blue Spotted Tree Monitor Varanus macraei.

I've been fascinated with these critters for a long time now.

26240319151_d138e05a61_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back