Mouth rot help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complains about people getting into the Herp hobby for a quick buck - Cares so little that he doesn't want to bother going to the vet for a living thing. Great logic there mate, give yourself a round of applause.

This is the long story of what you have been given here.
Take special note of the part that says, that the necrotic stomatitis is a secondary infection and that the underlying problem must be diagnosed and taken care of.
You will more then likely need antibiotics, as I have never seen a case that has treated successfully without antibiotic injections. But I'm not going to tell you where to get them.....

Theres also some dirt cheap, non effective treatment methods listed here.
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=17+1796&aid=2385

Well, its been to the vet, a real vet that knows a dam lot about reptiles and given me needles to use till sat then i have to show him a pic of what is happening and if not clearing will use better needles. Also i had to get some stuff from the store to apply to its mouth. Dam sorry but i totally forget what is in those needles and what the stuff i had to buy. All i remember it was one of the things i was asking about. Hoping next person that comes along and asks for some info gets a better response than i got. FYI, this isnt me talking it is a friend that seen this thread and replied with this statement.... "on forums or in chat. all your ever gonna get is people trying to show that they know more than god and that they are superior" How true i say. As for giving advice, if you get a vet telling you something im pretty sure that will be best advice you can get and any info like that WILL help in early stages. Then if still sick take it to a vet. Even he agrees.

Last edited:
Mate I'm totally confused with your last post. You asked if there was a quick fix. You were told there wasn't and advised to take it to a vet because there could be underlying issues and the snake probably needed antibiotics. You take it to the vet who confirms what you were told and then you get back on here and subliminally accuse (that means you friend allegedly said the above) all those that were trying to help you of "trying to show they know more than god and that they are superior".

Maybe if you outlined the entire situation at the very start instead of just asking if there is a quick fix for mouth rot you would have saved everyone the time that they spent trying to offer advice as well as avoiding the criticism.

I could offer you some more advice but if I used the language that I am contemplating I'd be wrapped over the knuckles by admin.

Well, its been to the vet, a real vet that knows a dam lot about reptiles and given me needles to use till sat then i have to show him a pic of what is happening and if not clearing will use better needles. Also i had to get some stuff from the store to apply to its mouth. Dam sorry but i totally forget what is in those needles and what the stuff i had to buy. All i remember it was one of the things i was asking about. Hoping next person that comes along and asks for some info gets a better response than i got. FYI, this isnt me talking it is a friend that seen this thread and replied with this statement.... "on forums or in chat. all your ever gonna get is people trying to show that they know more than god and that they are superior" How true i say. As for giving advice, if you get a vet telling you something im pretty sure that will be best advice you can get and any info like that WILL help in early stages. Then if still sick take it to a vet. Even he agrees.

Well, what a great advisor your "friend" is! For me, there is no god, so I'm not in a competition. All I can call on are my experiences with reptile keeping since the mid 1950s, a period of time in which I've killed dozens of reptiles because I didn't know what to do when there was a problem. Thanks to the internet, good and helpful info (as well as bad, useless and sometimes damaging info) is available almost instantly, and people like me, who have nothing to prove (despite your very ungracious comments), give up their time to try and help.

Like George, I really can't make any sense from your last post, except that you resent being given experienced advice about the bleeding obvious, and while none of us here do what we do for thanks, all you can offer is sulky backhanders to those who've bothered to give you the advice you needed to restore the health of your animal. Anyway, I'm glad that you took your animal to a "vet, a real vet that knows a dam (sic) lot about reptiles..." and that he/she offered more than Listerine as a treatment.

You can lead a horse to water...

Jamie

Last edited:
My advise is for Pythoninfinite and GBWhite, get yourselves a little black book and label it "people to ignore", make sure it's a big book, your gonna need it.

Hear Hear Jamie. You may as well go up to a Doctor, say your Mother has leukaemia and ask how you can treat it at home (Voodoo magic and strepsils don't work kids). If he says that you need to go to hospital, there are no reasons for calling him an A-Hole.

Do you really need a bunch of forum members to tell you the obvious, just because you are stingy with your money?

- - - Updated - - -

My advise is for Pythoninfinite and GBWhite, get yourselves a little black book and label it "people to ignore", make sure it's a big book, your gonna need it.

So true. But stupidity can give you infinite entertainment, and it's fun to use a good rebuttal and shut them up ;)

Haha Norm, I started with a little black book years ago... I now have a large loose-leaf folder!

J.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really need a bunch of forum members to tell you the obvious, just because you are stingy with your money?

To be honest, it's not my place to judge or comment on someone's financial circumstances, or how they spend their money. Often reluctance to go to a vet may be because they simply don't have the money - it may not be just a matter of being "stingy." That's why I suggested that unloading a few babies (maybe at a cut price) could be a way of balancing the ledger - keeping reptiles can be relatively expensive, with costs such as energy and food (or feeding the food) largely hidden in the day-to-day enthusiasm we have for our charges, and I know myself that it helps considerably if they can contribute towards paying their own way. So we need to be careful not to judge others against our own circumstances. It's the total lack of grace demonstrated by the OP that has coloured my opinion of him (I'm assuming it's a "him").

Jamie

- - - Updated - - -

Continuing to roast them isn't going to help, i'm sure they've learnt a lesson. The snake has seen a vet and is getting treatment now, that's all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back