Pink Tongue Dragging it's Back Legs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just seeing if anyone has experienced this behaviour or is there something wrong

I recently took my Pink Tongue out of his enclosure the other day and noticed he was dragging his back legs. He was very cold as I found that the heat source had failed which is a Basking 60w Globe. I also have a UVB globe on timer in the enclosure.
Anyway as I got him out he settled in to my hands as they were warm and he then started using his back legs and seemed fine. The enclosure size is 90x50x60h and is made of wood (URS Vivarium)

Just wanting to see if this is a trait of Pink Tongues or should I take him to the vet for a check up.

he has been eating dusted mince and scrambled eggs with vegies and has recently gone on to dusted crickets with both vitamins and calcium and mixed salad vegies
I have tried researching but have found little information

Just observe him now that his heat is restored. If all seems well, then that'll be the trigger. No need for a vet visit if things return to normal. Sounds like the diet is fine.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back