Heating over Winter?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe404

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick one. What's the general opinion about heating over Winter? Keeping in mind that all my Pythons are 4+ years old now. Most are appropriate size / weight for age.

Still have a problem feeder that I'll keep the heat on for though / attempt to feed over Winter to try and catch him up a bit.

He took his first Adult Rat tonight so I'm pretty happy about that. Only took 4 years... His Sister was on Adult Rats within a year - if that.

i would still provide heat say 8 hours a day and 24 hours a day for three days after feeding.

My heating is the same year round for adults unless Im cooling certain species for breeding (in which case I just shorten the daylight hours slightly). The only exception is during the hot months of summer, when heating is turned off entirely.

I turn off heating at night. The cooler ambient temperatures tells them it's winter and they usually go off food and just restart when it gets a bit warmer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back