ID please !!! No Info on parents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_do

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me ID this snake ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 213
These threads rarely have much success. Looks to me like a Carpet with at least some Jungle in it (possibly Julatten?). Anything else is really anyone's guess.

Adam

To me it looks like it has inland influence but as stated above anyone's guess...

Quite possibly. Certainly seems to have a reduction of yellow, which is why i mentioned Julattens (which I believe are not technically axanthic).

Adam

Is their any clear indications to judge or would it b a shot in the dark?

Without parent info it would be extremely hard if not impossible.

No info, sorry. If incase julatine, it wld b worth a couple of hundreds?

Yeah easily. As that is quite a nice looking one.

I dont reckon you should be trusting me with financing with snakes, so I wont answer that question and will wait for someone with more experiance.

How much did you pay for it?
species info should be on the transfer notice or equivalent.

It's a carpet Python with jungle background. That's about as clear as you can get with carpets these days :rolleyes: How much did you get it for, or are you trying to sell?

With head shape, paternation and coloring it looks to me to be just a plain old garden variety black and white Jungle, albeit a very nice 1 but jungle none the less. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

The issue is it may be worth a few hundred or more IF it is a certain type. IF. But IF you don't know, it's a terrible idea to sell it as anything special.

Fair enough, to be honest without knowing what it is it's pretty much worth whatever you're willing to pay. PERSONALLY I would pay a couple of hundred without knowing what it is, but thats only because I personally like the look of him

As with anything. The value is whatever the buyer is prepared to pay.
If the seller is asking $200 & you think it's a good price then you buy it. If you think its overpriced you barter or walk away.

If the seller states its to be something special is it worth any more to you unless you are looking to breed the animal?

I agree with all the previous comments, it is a nice looking animal but I wouldn't take a punt on it's lineage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back