Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find its awesome to watch a snake grown and develop into a adult animal.. i also think its so impressive feeding large pray items.. with a stimmi or childrens they hatch tiny and stay small.. if i had one id be bored very quickly

id recommend a Murray darling. Good looking snake. Hardly as anything. Starts relatively small and takes a while to get big but can get up to 1.5 to 2. Well natured and a great handler.
also would say a diamond if you had a little exp.
they just need uv and their temps monitored a little more closely.
good luck. Let us all know what you get! :)

id recommend a Murray darling. Good looking snake. Hardly as anything. Starts relatively small and takes a while to get big but can get up to 1.5 to 2. Well natured and a great handler.

Thank you [emoji216] will let you know[emoji4]

She said she wanted a smaller snake, murrays get fairly big if I'm not mistaken. Also, there is no evidence that diamonds necessarily need UV, and they are quite beginner friendly snakes

Please direct me in the direction of the data you are using to substantiate that statement regarding Diamonds needing UV.
Please, if you don't have evidence do not set about leading new keepers astray with information that is totally incorrect.

I'm going to have to say Woma as well! Not to big or not to small!

for my first Python I wanted somthing a bit bigger than a Stimson or Spotted but not quiet as large as BHPs and some of the carpets that I liked...

so I got a Woma!

Keep in in mind if you get anything as a hatchy such as a Stimson, Woma, Bredli, Murray etc... You get a chance to grow into them and sure your hubby may be unsure at the moment he may grow into it.

I'm going to have to say Woma as well! Not to big or not to small!

for my first Python I wanted somthing a bit bigger than a Stimson or Spotted but not quiet as large as BHPs and some of the carpets that I liked...

so I got a Woma!

Keep in in mind if you get anything as a hatchy such as a Stimson, Woma, Bredli, Murray etc... You get a chance to grow into them and sure your hubby may be unsure at the moment he may grow into it.

Thanks for your advice I'll go do some research on Womas, looks like it'll be a late night haha so many to research now

Womas are the best imo. Got two ulurus atm and they're the best! My female has so far cured the fear of snakes for three people and changed the view of snakes for many. Usually full grown around the 1.5metre mark, are good with handling(even my three year old neice can happily hold them), great with feeding, rarely bite, generally very friendly little foes, such cute little faces, very calm but still have ALOT of personality and character.

Womas are the best imo. Got two ulurus atm and they're the best! My female has so far cured the fear of snakes for three people and changed the view of snakes for many. Usually full grown around the 1.5metre mark, are good with handling(even my three year old neice can happily hold them), great with feeding, rarely bite, generally very friendly little foes, such cute little faces, very calm but still have ALOT of personality and character.

Will definitely look into these, was just a bit concerned with a comment on the Internet about them biting because they mistook a hand for food, but thanks for the feedback

Will definitely look into these, was just a bit concerned with a comment on the Internet about them biting because they mistook a hand for food, but thanks for the feedback

can happen with most pythons but if you feed with tongs/tweezers your hands are far generally out of reach...

Please direct me in the direction of the data you are using to substantiate that statement regarding Diamonds needing UV.
Please, if you don't have evidence do not set about leading new keepers astray with information that is totally incorrect.

Please direct me to the data that says diamond pythons conclusively do not require uv light when kept indoors?

Last edited:
lol. There are plenty of Diamonds out there living a full life without UV.
UV will not do any harm but it has never been proven to be beneficial.

There are far more important factors to consider that do directly affect a Diamonds health than UV, husbandry & diet being the 2 key ones.
I'm not telling the poster not to install UV so I have no need to provide evidence, you on the other hand are advising that these animals 'need uv and need their temps monitoring more closely'......in my opinion that is absolute piffle.
I base my statement on my experience having kept Diamonds for 15 years. Not a huge amount of time with the species but enough to learn from my mistakes and those of others.

My girl has only bitten me twice and I don't blame her for either...
First was just a quick bite because I may have scared her when I woke her, the second time was a proper bite which I got from trying to get the rat back off her because she grabbed it while it was still in the bag and I don't think a plastic bag would be any good for her! Lol

Please direct me to the data that says diamond pythons conclusively do not require uv light when kept indoors?

The fact that plenty of people keep diamonds indoor without UV and if that isn't proof I don't know what is.

Saying diamonds need UV is like saying vaccines cause autism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back