Hatchling Carpet Python Set-up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1000Bees

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys hope you're having a good day, just a quick question. What would be the best thing to set up a baby Carpet Python in?

Something like this?
pen_pals_critter_keeper_plastic_tub_1_1_1.jpg
Or something like this? 50159PlasticReptileEnclosurePRT30.jpg

They both have about the same amount of floor space 30cm. My only thought was that the lower one would retain heat a little better but I don't know if that's actually the case. But the taller one would give me more space to put some more things for him to climb on. is the size okay or should I get something bigger with the knowledge that he'd be in this until I put him in his adult enclosure. Also what would be the best way to heat it? He's a 5 month Coastal if that helps any. As always advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers guys :)

[MENTION=42323]1000Bees[/MENTION], for a 7 lt System click clack a 5 watt heat mat with a cheap on off thermostat is fine, just remember that only 1 third or less of the tub should be heated so the hatchy can thermoregulate properly, a hide on the heated section and some plastic garden trellis folded over in the tub along with a smallish water bowl should be all you need, kitchen paper on the bottom makes a good substrate and no lighting or UV is needed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

[MENTION=36030]ronhalling[/MENTION] Thanks, I have some Kritter's Krumble that I use in my other snake's tank, can I use that as a substrate or is paper the best/safest thing to use while he's young and in quarantine?

Go paper for the substrate. I also liked being able to clip the lid on my containers, (dont want an inquisitive juvie poking his nose out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back