New Olive Python Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakypete

Reaction score
Hi
Just after a bit of advice for planning the heating approach to a new enclosure I'm making for my Adult Olive, its an old wardrobe 2200mm Tall x 1300mm Wife x 600 mm Deep. I'll prob chop the height down by 200mm, remove the divider put glass sliding doors on the front, and make a fake rock wall with multiple basking shelves. I've never build one this tall so would appreciate any input as to how to go about heating it, I'm thinking it will be very hard (and expensive) to heat the ambient air, so was wondering about heating radiantly via either heat cord or heat mats. I dont have any experience with them as I've only ever heated a smaller enclosure with Habistat radiator (roof mounted) and back in the day an old tall enclosure with ceramic emitters (which were a nightmare).

Would appreciate any heating design ideas.

Cheers
DSC04439.jpgDSC04438.jpg

Nice score mate, I would be cutting a hole in the floor to give acces to the drawers as a hide box and router some grooves in the underside of the draw to run heat cord.

Nice score mate, I would be cutting a hole in the floor to give acces to the drawers as a hide box and router some grooves in the underside of the draw to run heat cord.

Thanks Burgo, do you use a particular brand of heat cord? Will the heat radiate up through a thin piece of timber? do you still need a thermostat on heat cord?

I have never used heat cord myself, both my snakes are on globes. I would say yes it would radiate through the board granted you chose the correct wattage to attain the desired temp. I'm sure someone here with experience with heat cord could tell you more. I would always use a thermostat just for piece of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back