The cons of owning a python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tongue flicks over my face and neck" rings serious alarm bells for me I'm afraid. You'll only want one accidental bite to your face from a large python and you'll regret that type of familiarity. I've seen it happen with others and their "trusted" snakes, it happened to me when I was a kid (copping a fair bite on the lip when I was showing off), and I've seen a "trusted" Lacie give its owner 36 stitches and intravenous antibiotic therapy when it was taken for granted once too often.

You should never be casual about allowing a python access to your face...

Jamie

Really, Jamie? I mean, REALLY???? I have some similar memories, too...

S

I adopted a bredli that was about 1.8m. About 8months ago.Hes now over 2M and heres the really good part he hates people and me in particular.I received him via a ballot as he was handed in by friends of his previous owner.
At first he was a strikin snappin slitherin psycho.
I have to wrangle him out for outdoor time in the sun.I think he may have worked that out as hes calmed down a lot since I have had him.That said I keep a safe distance exclusion zone around my face when handling him.
The big question is did the previous owners husbandry techniques leave this snake emotionally scarred? I know nothing of his previous life.

My Stimson's crawl over my head and give me a wet willy, they like to get inside my glasses and love to crawl all over my Computer. They never bite me, and are very happy whilst they are out. They get fed in their Enclosures and I never handle them after feeding for a day or so, when I say goodnight to them, they come over to the glass to see me. I probably wouldn't do it with a bigger Snake but they are still very friendly if you treat them nicely. I love them like any other pet

I must add that I have had them since they were little shoe strings that were snapp litte snakes, when they go tused to the fact that I am no threat, they stopped biting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back