Diamond Python temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazedboarder

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just curious what what temps other diamond Python owners keep their cages at through Sumer / winter or same year round?

Summer basking spot of 32 for up to 8hrs a day. Winter basking spot of 32 for 2-4 hrs a day. I prefer to use 40w spot globes in summer and the same in winter but change them out to 60w. By using these globes in a larger enclosure I manage to create a smaller basking spot rather than heat the whole cage.

Similar to Norm.
I don't worry too much about temp, I don't even have a thermostat on mine as the enclosures are large with plenty of places for the animal to select the area/temperature it wants to be in. I use up to a 75w globe all year around which gives me a hot spot around 35 in summer & 32 in winter.
I differ from Norm in the time I apply heat though. Mine get 4hrs a day in summer.

I've had diamonds for years and never used a thermostat on them, however it does depend on how large and tall your enclosure is. They get heat full time from October till April, then its given for 4 hours either side of midday in the rest of the months. But again, my set up is my set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back