An Overdue Update

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Whew, I haven't updated in ages. But as some have requested, here is an update on the now 15 month old Popeye. He's gained around 100-150g since last update, and now sits comfortably at 596g. This is mostly because I felt he was gaining too much wait at one juvenile rat a week, and you could rarely feel his muscles unless he was really tense, just fat. He is now being fed every two weeks, and usually gains around 30-50g in that time.

He is now very active, and I frequently wait up at night to see him climbing around his tank. He's about 1.4-1.5m now, so when we move out he will get a new tank. We've had to change his hide, but otherwise the tank is the same. He's a dream to handle, and once started shedding in my hands, using my fingers to work the skin off. Oddly enough, that was his first perfect shed with me. I finally have a humidity sweet spot.

Anyway, enough talk, here he is, crappy phone pics though they show his colour well. Better pics soon!
IMG_20160604_120323.jpg
IMG_20160604_120428.jpg

Cheers,
Herpo

Nice write up and what an awesome colour!

Thanks Stu. More pics soon, need to charge my phone. He is so calm, I never expected to keep him happy oddly. I thought it would be too challenging for a kid to keep a reptile happy. But so far so good, and I hope I have many more happy years with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back