Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video]https://www.facebook.com/697164445/videos/10154438643429446/[/video] ok its been i while so i have forgoten how to do this stuff i think the vid will work

- - - Updated - - -

I might have a few :)

- - - Updated - - -

this one was in shed filthy looking thing
bart 2.jpg

Baritji are awesome critters huh?

Has anyone here got pics of Varanus "insulanicus" (Ackie ssp. Atm but is likely to be a distinct sp.)?

Recent snaps of my two biggest monsters, still some growing to do (only a year old each)
Jones, proud as hell, as usual.
d8e2d411d8eae88fab564ee6b4e99f74.jpg

7f98c81a120cd5e9e6e04970744d587d.jpg

George, in his rightful place, subjugating the human.
958350149acb9df1960b0d89422cb803.jpg

a001a63a703eb199f44a6c439a921624.jpg

And a twirly tristis tail, belonging to the young lass I recently acquired.
1168789fd0f79f93f7858e3ecdb4c38b.jpg

Since I gave her a new hollow cork branch to play in I don't often see any more of her than that!
The small kinks in her tail are quite evident here, but on the whole she is doing way better now, her claws are re-growing and she doesn't look as "underdone" as [MENTION=38465]pinefamily[/MENTION] put it. Still some way to go though.

Last edited:
Some amazing pictures.. i have a question for you all with monitors, i am about another section of my my sleeve tattoo and and my next stage (as its Australian reptiles and spiders) is a Monitor i am looking to find a photo of a monitor standing up and looking around type pose, if anyone has such a pic or knows one, and willing so post up, it would be great for ideas and maybe if allowed i might even *if permission is granted* get a tattoo of the picture posted..post up guys/gals

Last edited:
Baritji are awesome critters huh?

Has anyone here got pics of Varanus "insulanicus" (Ackie ssp. Atm but is likely to be a distinct sp.)?

I believe Croc cove in Darwin have them they are from Groote eylandt. Your best bet would be to google Varanus acanthurus insulanicus as it will come up with pictures.

Some amazing pictures.. i have a question for you all with monitors, i am about another section of my my sleeve tattoo and and my next stage (as its Australian reptiles and spiders) is a Monitor i am looking to find a photo of a monitor standing up and looking around type pose, if anyone has such a pic or knows one, and willing so post up, it would be great for ideas and maybe if allowed i might even *if permission is granted* get a tattoo of the picture posted..post up guys/gals

the monitor you want is a V panoptes I only have caged pictures handy. Try going onto flicker or one of the monitor fb pages and see what you can find and ask the author I am sure they will let you :)

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=27815]Stuart[/MENTION] have you found any Varanus acanthurus insulanicus

Last edited:
I believe Croc cove in Darwin have them they are from Groote eylandt. Your best bet would be to google Varanus acanthurus insulanicus as it will come up with pictures.

the monitor you want is a V panoptes I only have caged pictures handy. Try going onto flicker or one of the monitor fb pages and see what you can find and ask the author I am sure they will let you :)

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=27815]Stuart[/MENTION] have you found any Varanus acanthurus insulanicus
Fantastic work mate but alas i dont have flicker nor have stalk book ..

Recent snaps of my two biggest monsters, still some growing to do (only a year old each)
Jones, proud as hell, as usual.
d8e2d411d8eae88fab564ee6b4e99f74.jpg

7f98c81a120cd5e9e6e04970744d587d.jpg

George, in his rightful place, subjugating the human.
958350149acb9df1960b0d89422cb803.jpg

a001a63a703eb199f44a6c439a921624.jpg

And a twirly tristis tail, belonging to the young lass I recently acquired.
1168789fd0f79f93f7858e3ecdb4c38b.jpg

Since I gave her a new hollow cork branch to play in I don't often see any more of her than that!
The small kinks in her tail are quite evident here, but on the whole she is doing way better now, her claws are re-growing and she doesn't look as "underdone" as @pinefamily put it. Still some way to go though.

Your photography is on point sir! ????????????

The second night my largest tristis decided to sleep on the stack instead of its hide. It's kind of freaking me out to be honest.

sleeping.jpg

The second night my largest tristis decided to sleep on the stack instead of its hide. It's kind of freaking me out to be honest.

I wouldn't worry, a few of mine regularly just fall asleep where ever they were when the lights switched off. They never used to, so I guess they're just becoming more comfortable with their surroundings. My female tristis especially can fall asleep in the funniest of places.

I can't get over how beautiful your one is though, so insanely jealous.

I just absolutely love your tristis.

Have you noticed it has started to brumate at all?

None of my tristis are under full brumation as of yet, although there is a reduction in activity and feeding. They will emerge and bask for a couple of hours. The smallest is the most active and he appears to still have a decent appetite.

I wouldn't worry, a few of mine regularly just fall asleep where ever they were when the lights switched off. They never used to, so I guess they're just becoming more comfortable with their surroundings. My female tristis especially can fall asleep in the funniest of places.

I can't get over how beautiful your one is though, so insanely jealous.

That's good to hear. It was a new behaviour so I was a bit concerned.

I think the Perth (South West) tristis are pretty cool. I waited a while for some even though there were plenty of other localities available.

A few of the bubs (pics courtesy of Rocket).

Attachments

• Shawns R 3.jpg
    Shawns R 3.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Shawn's R2.jpg
    Shawn's R2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Shawns R 5.jpg
    Shawns R 5.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Shawns 6.jpg
    Shawns 6.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 217
Thanks Vamps:)! Although they loose the baby camoflague at about 8 months, they are also nice as adults, really subtle pastel yellows remain and some orange flecks.

Attachments

• Clayton 004.jpg
    Clayton 004.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 201

Latest posts

Back