Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin - tried to PM you but it said you don't accept PMs. I Would like to reply!

pmed you tarzan girl and jarden

some more from the same clutch last year as the one a few posts back.. so Im hoping this years will be ok as well..

hatcheddecember2010.jpg

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04150.jpg

Looking good Colin. Did that whole clutch turn out like that.
The pair I got off you are similar too those as well.

Cheers Justin

Looking good Colin. Did that whole clutch turn out like that.
The pair I got off you are similar too those as well.

Cheers Justin

thanks guys.. yeah pretty much justin.. they were all pretty good a couple maybe not as bright but still good.
the above three I kept for myself but sold the top one to someone recently..

Is anyone breeding any super bright high yellow jungles this season? There are plenty of nice animals in this thread however they all seem to throw back to the dull gold, stone line looking animals as adults.

I want to see some pics of fluro high yellow jungles with dead solid black like Rob's original Cowley Beach female.

I reckon it is a shame that people got too carried away with patterning of animals and that the true 'stand out' wild type jungle has been lost in the game of line breeding for patterns.

It has been a while since I have seen a clutch of dead set fluro yellow (not gold or mustard) jungles still hold colour at over 3 years old. I reckon it is a shame that there are very few keepers with dead set true fluro yellow Palmerstons. I am sick of seeing Tiger this and Tri - striped that ect. Where have all of the true Palmerston lines gone? I did see some nice Montgomery hatchos on the internet the other day. I can't remember where or who had them but they were what I am talking about

I hear you viridis,

Here is one of my K. Aland Palmerston yellow lines. I use this male over a couple of equally as impressive females most years. He is three years old in the first shot and is now five and was photographed for the second shot just a month or two ago.

I guess nobody is interested in a jungle now unless it has two heads and six stripes..

I hear you viridis,

Here is one of my K. Aland Palmerston yellow lines. I use this male over a couple of equally as impressive females most years. He is three years old in the first shot and is now five and was photographed for the second shot just a month or two ago.

I guess nobody is interested in a jungle now unless it has two heads and six stripes..

Yep,

I reckon all of the good Jungles ended up in Jag breeding projects rather then keeping a line of pure cheynei going. A very sad state I reckon.

That is what I am talking about John. I have seen most lines of Jungles and I reckon they are no longer breeding for traits of what a classic Jungle should be. Boa used to rave about animals bred by Luke Ridley and when I saw some of his better animals, I quickley realised why.

That snake that you just posted pics of is what I am talking about for a 5 year old snake. He would have bloody glowed at 18 months old!

I would prefer that to any of these Mustard yellow / dull gold stripies and 50 / 50's that are so bloody common now. I have always liked weird patterns however I never thought I would see the day where I had to ask to try and see pics of a 'wild type' patterned bright yellow jungle!

I reckon Keiren's lines are up there with the best of them mate! Do you have any hatchos available John?

This is what I am talking about when I say a 'wild type' jungle. No fancy patterning just pure cheynei that grow to 1200mm long, are cranky and fluro yellow without any computer enhancements and hold their colour well into adult hood.

Femalecheynei2.jpg

femalekrauss.jpg

006.jpg

Heres a few jungles that I bred and most have been sold .
I personally love the variation in colours and patterns .
Having trouble getting images to show.. I shall return...

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

Sibmale22.jpg

Goldmaleresized.jpg

Reducedpatternmaleaged10mthsold.jpg

IMG_7855es.jpg

Yep,

I reckon all of the good Jungles ended up in Jag breeding projects rather then keeping a line of pure cheynei going. A very sad state I reckon.

That is what I am talking about John. I have seen most lines of Jungles and I reckon they are no longer breeding for traits of what a classic Jungle should be. Boa used to rave about animals bred by Luke Ridley and when I saw some of his better animals, I quickley realised why.

That snake that you just posted pics of is what I am talking about for a 5 year old snake. He would have bloody glowed at 18 months old!

I would prefer that to any of these Mustard yellow / dull gold stripies and 50 / 50's that are so bloody common now. I have always liked weird patterns however I never thought I would see the day where I had to ask to try and see pics of a 'wild type' patterned bright yellow jungle!

I reckon Keiren's lines are up there with the best of them mate! Do you have any hatchos available John?

This is what I am talking about when I say a 'wild type' jungle. No fancy patterning just pure cheynei that grow to 1200mm long, are cranky and fluro yellow without any computer enhancements and hold their colour well into adult hood.

Femalecheynei2.jpg

femalekrauss.jpg

006.jpg

Colins on the page before this one are yellower than the pics you just posted. They looks awesome.

Roger and Colin, do any of your snakes that have the really bright yellows and vivid blacks ever make it to adulthood without getting the bleeding and blackening of the yellow scales? They look amazing.

they're all absolute rubbish jungle_freak, you'd be better off sending them to me & starting from scratch :)))

Is anyone breeding any super bright high yellow jungles this season? There are plenty of nice animals in this thread however they all seem to throw back to the dull gold, stone line looking animals as adults.

I want to see some pics of fluro high yellow jungles with dead solid black like Rob's original Cowley Beach female.

I reckon it is a shame that people got too carried away with patterning of animals and that the true 'stand out' wild type jungle has been lost in the game of line breeding for patterns.

It has been a while since I have seen a clutch of dead set fluro yellow (not gold or mustard) jungles still hold colour at over 3 years old. I reckon it is a shame that there are very few keepers with dead set true fluro yellow Palmerstons. I am sick of seeing Tiger this and Tri - striped that ect. Where have all of the true Palmerston lines gone? I did see some nice Montgomery hatchos on the internet the other day. I can't remember where or who had them but they were what I am talking about

Russel Grant's stuff is great, I have a few of his girls that are 7yrs plus and still bright yellow with some speckling, certainly hold there colours much better then most of the Stone lines.

Roger and Colin, do any of your snakes that have the really bright yellows and vivid blacks ever make it to adulthood without getting the bleeding and blackening of the yellow scales? They look amazing.

The facts are every jungle is a individual so colours and patterns always vary a lot.
It is considered normal for jungles to fade as they age , its also normal for them to get more melanin coming into the colour.
Ive owned top of the line Kraus jungles and every other top bloodline we have in oz , they all fade to some degree as they age .
I myself dont like the heavy black smudging or tipping in the colours that some lines have , its something i try to avoid by selective breeding etc .......

Whats a good size / weight for male and female to be to breed ? by the time next season comes around my boy will be 3 years old just wanting to know some healthy weights cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back