Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip Frozenmouse..

The intensity/quality of yellow has always been my observation of the term 'high-yellow' not the amount of it.

So just to be sure is this a 'low-yellow' jungle?

View attachment 247990View attachment 247991

I'm glad you finally posted that one you got from Peter Ingie, looks funky.

no longer own this one but heres a high black jungle :D

pre shed
attachment.php

post shed
attachment.php

attachment.php

hi i put my jungles together today,put male in with female they seen each other up close then she made him flinch now he has wigged out trying to find a way out of enclosure and she went back into hide do they normally act like this when 1st introduced?? he is 1.3m julatten jungle and she is 2m atherton does that matter?

hi i put my jungles together today,put male in with female they seen each other up close then she made him flinch now he has wigged out trying to find a way out of enclosure and she went back into hide do they normally act like this when 1st introduced?? he is 1.3m julatten jungle and she is 2m atherton does that matter?

tully is 1.3m

why would you put a male julatten with an atherton female ? If you leave them together and eventually get eggs....just wondering what sort of contribution that makes to the gene pool.

d31f3506-9349-3d6f.jpg

Dodgy iPhone pic but I like this girl....pity she does not like me! She is like one of those creepy paintings where the eyes follow you around. She never let's you out of her sights!

The term "High yellow" is to do with the high% of yellow to black generally greater than 60% coverage of yellow is deemed "high yellow" , your snakes are about 30%.
High yellow=

Thanks for the tip Frozenmouse..

The intensity/quality of yellow has always been my observation of the term 'high-yellow' not the amount of it.

So just to be sure is this a 'low-yellow' jungle?

View attachment 247990View attachment 247991

I'm glad you finally posted that one you got from Peter Ingie, looks funky.

John, i have always thought and used the term 'high yellow' not for the amount of yellow an animal shows, but the brightness or intensity of the yellow. I think that is how it is understood by the majority.

My thoughts as well Ja84,

Here are another two pictures of high yellows or so I thought :rolleyes:. The amount of yellow gets referred to as 50/50, 60/40 or so on.. If the yellow is poor (ie mustard/brown) in a 50/50 for example, it isn't necessarily a ' high yellow'

I'm not trying to write the rules here, but this has always been my understanding.

View attachment 248625View attachment 248624

My thoughts as well Ja84,

Here are another two pictures of high yellows or so I thought :rolleyes:. The amount of yellow gets referred to as 50/50, 60/40 or so on.. If the yellow is poor (ie mustard/brown) in a 50/50 for example, it isn't necessarily a ' high yellow'

I'm not trying to write the rules here, but this has always been my understanding.

View attachment 248625View attachment 248624

That is how I understood it also. Otherwise you could have a 'high yellow' Atherton that was not really yellow at all!

John your jungles have such a gold look about them. In your pics they look only as thick as a thumb so when they are adults they will be pretty special. One of my little females from you has shed and her face has become a really intense gold. It was there when I got her but it creeps further down with each shed. Beautiful!

SXR Female, Bred by Colin (of course lol ;))

100_4376.jpg

I like this one Josh. I love how jungles are so stout looking :p

Very nice RP Jungle there Perko!!!! Hope you don't mind if i ask who bred that one or whats its lineage is? Good Stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back