Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC03770.jpg

These three 4 month old palmerstons will hopefully be a breeding trio in a few years. The male is ok but the two females have got some serious attitude. The one in its own, bit and coiled on my finger to the point I could feel its vertebrae go crack, crack, crack

Cheers,
Paul
View attachment 251449View attachment 251451

awsome snakes xterra, are they clutch mates by any chance, if you don't mind me asking?

awsome snakes xterra, are they clutch mates by any chance, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks mo-deville, yeh they are clutchmates from unrelated parents, neither of which had any sort of striping so will be interesting to see what these may produce in the future. I am hoping to put the parents together this year again to see if I get a similar result.

hey jungle_freak just wondering if its possible to get an update pic on the hypo looking jungle please?

Cheers Mo

This little guy hatched from a clutch of 11 on the 15th December. The other 10 all fed within about a week of their first shed, but this guy just wouldnt go for me no matter what I tried. He was the biggest of the clutch and came out with a full belly and dry egg so I wasnt too concerned, after about 8 weeks of trying qual/rats/mice and scenting with everything I could think I got no interest so gave him a few rats tails which he took with some assistance.........then last week after nearly 5 months the switch flipped.
Tonight he had his third feed from the tongs and nearly launched himself out of the tub as soon as I opened it.

Cheers,
Paul

View attachment 251926View attachment 251927

Looks like a nice snake Paul. Worth the effort I would say!

Nice snake Turtle, do you know it's heritage?

Here are two that breed for me most years. I always like what they produce.
View attachment 251877View attachment 251878

No unfortunately I don't know her background.
The second jungle in your pics is a real looker. Love that netting effect. Can you please post a pic of any of the progeny they have produced?

Cheers,
Dan

My thoughts as well Ja84,

Here are another two pictures of high yellows or so I thought :rolleyes:. The amount of yellow gets referred to as 50/50, 60/40 or so on.. If the yellow is poor (ie mustard/brown) in a 50/50 for example, it isn't necessarily a ' high yellow'

I'm not trying to write the rules here, but this has always been my understanding.
If the yellow is a poor mustard brown color it is no longer a black and yellow jungle it is a black and brown jungle, at the end of the day name your snakes however you like high purple hight pink whatever i always forget what they are labeled and look at parents and older siblings before i hand over cash for an uncolored hatchling.

If the yellow is a poor mustard brown color it is no longer a black and yellow jungle it is a black and brown jungle, at the end of the day name your snakes however you like high purple hight pink whatever i always forget what they are labeled and look at parents and older siblings before i hand over cash for an uncolored hatchling.

I was lead to believe that those mustard brown and black jungles were"marketed" as honey jungles.

Check these out turtle. Some of these came from the paring you like and some came from this other paring here. Not all are netted/RP-ish, but there are plenty that are. Here are some of them.

View attachment 251956View attachment 251957View attachment 251958View attachment 251966

Katana, the name honey jungle came from a particular line of Athertons. Lots of people began to use the term to describe every jungle known to man. It has lost any meaning it may have had.

Nice one Frozenmouse, keep up the good work..

I can't wait for this guys clutch to hatch. Not due 'till late Jan though...
IMG_0466.jpg

man i get so happy every time i see this pic knowing its the father of my snakes and holding that colour at that age! (7 year old i think, is that right tankslapt?)

wonder who's got the female that james (snakeitup) paired this one up with where my snakes came from, she is an awsome animal, he was breeding some top shelf animals, so glad i got a pair out of that clutch, i hope all goes well and i could breed them for myself down the track! i don't know if its just me but it seems from what i'v noticed with a lot of SXR line jungles from other pics is that they don't get black tipping come though on their scales as they get older as much as other lines or other locality jungles? (SXR being Atherton form)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back