Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUst a quick one of my Jungle Amazon, only 11 months old but this pic was taken a few months ago. She is showing some interesting blues in her tail, head and body. Can't wait to see how these colours turn out, hopefully they'll get more pronounced!!! Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!! i'll get some photos later for you guys to see
:)

Hay all just Wondering if I handle my 8 month old jungle everyday for atleast an hour with the exception of feeding an shedding days how long do you think it would take to get him out of his nippy stage I know you can't put an exact length on these sorts of things but I'd like to hear some opions guesstimations and past experiences please!

Mine was calm and docile by 2 weeks of handling. It does depend on the snake though....my bredli has taken near a month to settle down so your Jungle could take longer....I sometimes Handled a bit longer than an hour on some days though :p Let him bite you, it seriously doesn't hurt at that age! Then he'll learn that he cant get his way by biting and will soon just stop and enjoy o be handled!!!! Also start off by having on on one time in a quiet room...he'll become more used to you this way and won't be freaking out about other things/people in the room. Just be patient :D

Great advice I let him bite me as much as he wants just makes me laugh 2 weeks isn't bad at all I was thinking months I usually spend 2 hours a day but never less then one hour I figure we are going to grow old together so I want him as friendly as possible

Heres some 11 month old future breeders.

A Tri striped jungle male bred by Tony Mitchell.
resizedtristripemale030.jpg

Heres a Super tiger pattern jungle male.
resizedsupertigermale022.jpg

Heres a Tiger jungle female.
resizeftigerfemale010.jpg

A banded jungle female SXR x Kraus line.
zyellowfemale0072.jpg

A banded male SXR x Kraus line.
zsazsjiu.jpg

Heres some 11 month old future breeders.

A Tri striped jungle male bred by Tony Mitchell.
resizedtristripemale030.jpg

Heres a Super tiger pattern jungle male.
resizedsupertigermale022.jpg

Heres a Tiger jungle female.
resizeftigerfemale010.jpg

A banded jungle female SXR x Kraus line.
zyellowfemale0072.jpg

A banded male SXR x Kraus line.
zsazsjiu.jpg

I envy you and your beautiful snakes!!!!!!!

cheers but they aint got nothing on those coastals!! The best hands down!!!

I want to get another jungle, I have a 3 year old female she is gorgeous and extremely timid she has never bitten me. I want to get another python but I'm not sure if she will go well with others, can jungles mix with other pythons?

- - - Updated - - -

imagejpeg
This is my jungle on my friend she's about 3-4 foot long

I want to get another jungle, I have a 3 year old female she is gorgeous and extremely timid she has never bitten me. I want to get another python but I'm not sure if she will go well with others, can jungles mix with other pythons?

- - - Updated - - -

imagejpeg
This is my jungle on my friend she's about 3-4 foot long

If what you mean by "mix with other pythons" is to keep another species in the same enclosure as your jungle, one word: DON'T This is just what I have heard various breeders say and I have heard enough stories from other keepers about bad things that can happen and that I strongly do not recommend this....but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

But if you mean another species in a different enclosure, that;'s fine :) My Jungle's enclosure is between a Bredli's and a Spotted. They can't see each other and they are all perfectly happy :D

Some people may keep them together but in my opinion it is a big no no.

If what you mean by "mix with other pythons" is to keep another species in the same enclosure as your jungle, one word: DON'T This is just what I have heard various breeders say and I have heard enough stories from other keepers about bad things that can happen and that I strongly do not recommend this....but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
But if you mean another species in a different enclosure, that;'s fine :) My Jungle's enclosure is between a Bredli's and a Spotted. They can't see each other and they are all perfectly happy :D

Some people may keep them together but in my opinion it is a big no no.

thankyou, i really want to get another species. i can have them in separete closures but what will happen if they do get near each other, for example say i bring both out for people to look at and the two snakes spot each other or come into contact, will it get ugly?

- - - Updated - - -

i am thinking of getting a bredli. you have a bredli and jungle have they came in contact? whats your personal opinion

- - - Updated - - -

or even a black headed python im interested in

I take my snakes out at the same time when my friends come around, the snakes don't really mind. They won't come in contact unless you let them and even then they'll just be doing their own thing. Mine have a look, stretch, flick tongue and go back to exploring up your arm. Either that or they cross over to the other person so the have two snakes!!!! ahaha
Things won't get ugly, unless it's feeding time, ahahahahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back