Thermostat help and advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesmow

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My thermostat has just died and I need to buy a new one.
Any help on which thermostat to buy would be greatly appreciated!

I reckon the HabiStat range from "the Herp shop" are the best. I personally use the switching ones which are $80 ea.

http://www.herpshop.com.au/

Just be aware that the type of thermostat you buy is dependent on the heat source you are using. As suggested, the Habistat range is excellent, but it would be wise to call Brian and see what he recommends for your circumstance, and not just buy what is cheapest - the cheapest may not be suitable.

Jamie

The Herp shop page does have a spreadsheet stating what can be used with what etc. But yes definitely speak to someone who sells the products if you're unsure.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Jamie,
I currently use a ceramic heat source. But I do use light bulbs as a back up if my ceramic one dies.

I purchased a handful of "Microclimate Evo" thermostats last year and thoroughly recommend them. Really cool gadgets.

I would second the praise of the Microclimate EVO - they are sensational - and very easy to change fuses if it fails - super easy to set up and gives you all 3 options - Dimming / Pulse or On/Off

I would second the praise of the Microclimate EVO - they are sensational - and very easy to change fuses if it fails - super easy to set up and gives you all 3 options - Dimming / Pulse or On/Off

The only thing they don't do is catch Pokèmon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back