Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@stompy nothing :( i am considering turning the heat way up and having her become active and hopefully forcing her hand and making her come out.. i have been reading up on the net and the stories are so conflicting....wait n see..

:( That's horrible... I'm assuming you can't actually see her at all either? I'd be freaking out by now!

I would actually try the opposite and turn the heat down just a little bit. This might sound strange but we had similar problems with our Spencers. He/she was hiding away all the time so changed the globe from 100w to 75w and that made him/her come out looking for the heat.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

:( That's horrible... I'm assuming you can't actually see her at all either? I'd be freaking out by now!
Yeah no way of seeing her.. and its not ideal:( i have googled plumbers and using a camera on a cord to see where she is.. so its a option.. on the weekend i will turn up the overall heat in the enclosure and wait... but she will be out by then...right?? Here is hoping....

Oh i have edited this post.. i just read Pineys post saying turn down the heat i shall try that first.. #crossing every box

Reminds me of my younger years on a few occasions. Made it to the front step after a big night out but just couldn't quite get in the front door. :D
Ditto, Wally. One night, I apparently caught a taxi home, gave directions to the driver and chatted to him, put the key in the front door, and fell face first. Things we used to do.... :D

I honestly think you should just leave it. She may have been out and gone back in while you weren't watching. I have the same problem with my ackie just I can see him. He will seem stuck and then you worry but all of a sudden you walk past at the right momment and their he is, out and about.

14012185_1180026355390756_343892303_n.jpg14031117_1180026385390753_690329154_n.jpg This is my ackie who I've called 'Terry' as idk what gender he is. A big thanks to @CrazyNut, @pinefamily, and @Stompsy as they all helped me improve his enclosure and basking temperature he's now more active and i see him a lot more now so thanks.

Last edited:
9889b6a041e7cba8f1608b0200d952ed.jpg
this is the only thing i have seen of her this past week.. question is if she can get up the hole she can get out right?? Even with her scales making it hard to climb against them...

I'd assume that her tail scales would offer the most resistance in that regard. And it seems as though she's gotten that part back out.

At least you've seen her now!

Ackies can get out of anywhere they get into; the ridged tails help them to wedge into tight places, not prevent them getting out. I had one coiled inside a hollow tree log, wedged around the inside.

Looks way to damp for an Ackie, I'd seriously be looking at another enclosure, set up as a semi-arid. You run the risk of an RI.

Looks way to damp for an Ackie, I'd seriously be looking at another enclosure, set up as a semi-arid. You run the risk of an RI.
Absolutely agree i have a different set up ready for her and no chance of getting into holes or places i cant get too. Its hot, humid & dry, lots of rocks, sand and logs to climb.. appreciate the advice

Latest posts

Back