Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was amazing and now i work for a large Steel merchant and have a welder i too am going to dream large and build big .. i want 2 massive walk-in enclosures for my upcoming monitors and when i get my hands on a Albino Olive python next year..
PS: Pls note i blame Smitti and Stompsy for the growing love for monitors

I will be building a similar enclosure for our two sandy's after we move. Got plenty of inspiration from yours, Richard. :)
Have you built some new ones?

That was amazing and now i work for a large Steel merchant and have a welder i too am going to dream large and build big [emoji7].. i want 2 massive walk-in enclosures for my upcoming monitors and when i get my hands on a Albino Olive python next year..
PS: Pls note i blame Smitti and Stompsy for the growing love for monitors [emoji6][emoji108]

I blame Smitti. I've had a love of reptiles for a very long time but never looked into monitors until he came along. So let's just blame him.

[MENTION=42187]Murph_BTK[/MENTION] I'm innocent I swear!!
[MENTION=41911]imported-varanus[/MENTION] those are off the richter! I want to do the same but it gets too cold here in winter.

[MENTION=32194]Smittiferous[/MENTION] you could build a seasonal outdoor enclosure for your flavi, and move it indoors during the winter. We were planning something similar with the Mertens until we decided to move.

Thanks All:). Daz/Kaz, I'm working on an aviary style for these Rosies, I'll post some progress pics as I go. Re cold climates, as Pines mentioned seasonal outdoor or connected aviary/ indoor are the go. Hot boxes work well (1st pic) and an insulated shed extension I'm working on (straight into the aviaries above-when finished). Yes, I have no life!:).

Attachments

• heated hide 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    heated hide 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 516
  • Lacie shed 001.JPG
    Lacie shed 001.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 522
  • Lacie shed 003.jpg
    Lacie shed 003.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 514
[MENTION=38465]pinefamily[/MENTION] Well I do have various drawings I've done for mobile pits that are meant to be wheeled in the garage for the colder months... I may also be moving soonish so I've put stuff like that on hold until I know what's going on.
[MENTION=41911]imported-varanus[/MENTION] holy crap! That box in the first picture, is that purpose-built or appropriated?

Last edited:
Brumation boxes for the Rosies. I'll partially bury these in a dry spot for over wintering sites (75mm insulated "cooler" boxes-from Bunnings).

- - - Updated - - -

Purpose built. I copied one I'd seen on a thread here a few years ago. Made from recycled cool room panels, $450 all up, which is not bad for piece of mind:).

Attachments

• Lacie hides 001.JPG
    Lacie hides 001.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Lacie hides 002.JPG
    Lacie hides 002.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
P1020341.jpgP1020342.jpg14080891_1182725948454130_776056396_n.jpgMy reptile collection is somewhat scattered around the house but the bulk of it is in the living room. The enclosure next to the couch is my Smooth Knob Tail Enclosure. The biggest terrarium has a breeding pair of Spinifex Hopping Mice, next to it is a small blue klick klack which has our Marbled Gecko in it. The terrarium directly next to the tv is for our two Thick Tail Geckos. The other tank in the rumpus room is for our Ridge Tail.

+2 with that one, Smittiferous, lol. When people say reptile rooms, I laugh internally. We also have a reptile house. Monitors in the family room, lounge, and study, pythons in the lounge, beardies in the lounge, and a skink in the spare bedroom.

I've clicked a couple of likes on this thread, then decided they're all worthy of credit. Great to see so many herps being pampered, and I'm particularly pleased by the facilities provided by the keepers of large monitors - these animals are so active and intelligent they deserve heaps of room and the very best sort of environment in which to function normally. Congrats to you all!

Jamie

[MENTION=7935]eipper[/MENTION], Damn Scott, i had to do a handstand to see them properly, i fell off my chair and spilled my cup off coffee into my keyboard, oh well i needed a new 1 anyway.........lol jokes, they look great m8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Incredible setups all of you, but [MENTION=20031]Waterrat[/MENTION]...holy crap that's stunning! I to saw you on Crittacam (didn't know it was you on here though) and I was amazed. You pythons are in great shape and your setup is amazing! Congrats, your an inspiration!

Incredible setups all of you, but @Waterrat...holy crap that's stunning! I to saw you on Crittacam (didn't know it was you on here though) and I was amazed. You pythons are in great shape and your setup is amazing! Congrats, your an inspiration!

Thank you Herpo, inspiration is the way, not jealousy.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little jealous... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back