Biggest species of scorpion?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsie23

Reaction score
Hello all, new here.

I got my first pet scorpion in 2011, ever since I've been addicted to the fascinating creatures. Since 2011 I've had a variety of species, Urodacus Yaschenkoi, cervcophonius Squama, but my most recent addition is some beautiful Urodacus Elongatus, I have about 5 females (gravid) and 3 males.

Just wondering if these are the biggest species you can get in Australia? I'd kill for a emperor, but due to Australia's strict policies they are completely banned? Can you get any other scorpion species along side the Australian species? I mean the Australian species are beautiful, but not big enough :p my biggest female Elongatus is close to 130mm with its tail laid flat, with its tail folded it's about 90mm (haven't actually taken measurements)

I'd be willing to swap/trade one or a pair for a larger species (if available) or another interesting species.

Thank you :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urodacud elongatus is the longest you can own however we have a larger species (name escapes me) but you can't get them legaly (well getting a legit legal one would be almost impodsible from memory).

Urodacud elongatus is the longest you can own however we have a larger species (name escapes me) but you can't get them legaly (well getting a legit legal one would be almost impodsible from memory).

I'll have to research these, hoping my Elongatus are gravid so I can sell some on :)

I have a Urodacus planimanus and hes rather large 9CM or so and very cool looking. If you want the number to the breeder he still has some male adults available its $50 including shipping. He is also very active contradictory to what some websites say. Even when he has been fed and isnt hungry he still comes out every night. Although he looks much smaller than he actually is on my finger.
mXukw7J.jpg
rHelios.jpg Kvxsj7j (2).jpg oCGU8TU.jpg Scorpion.png
ALSO NOTICE I DID NOT PLACE HIM LIKE THAT, hes just a model

Last edited:
r2GsuMa.jpg Also here is a pic of the breeder holding him by a flinders range scorpion

Legally? Elongatus are one of the largest species you can own legally. Largest in Aus would be a toss up between Urodacus Excellens and Urodacus Centralis (I believe Centralis is slightly larger) but they are both rare as hens teeth in the pet trade and I believe Excellens are protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back