Force Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great idea Andy (I presume :)). Do you have any trouble with the super-fine teeth of juvies catching on the plastic syringe body? Would a piece of glass tubing with the ends heated to smooth them off be just as good?

Jamie

Great video, nice quick and easy

I've had hatchies bring back up food that isn't pushed down far enough, do you have that issue with this method?

Especially good considering people are starting to get eggs now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION] I have not had issues yet with the teeth , you can feel them on the plastic but they haven't stuck yet. It is quite hard plastic.
[MENTION=35057]kittycat17[/MENTION] I occasionally have them spit the food out but mostly they keep it down. I think that because it is so quick they don't stress as much so more likely to swallow. The cases that spit the food out I leave for a few days or so and then try again with a gentle massage of the food item into the gut.

Cheers
Andy

[MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION] I have not had issues yet with the teeth , you can feel them on the plastic but they haven't stuck yet. It is quite hard plastic.
[MENTION=35057]kittycat17[/MENTION] I occasionally have them spit the food out but mostly they keep it down. I think that because it is so quick they don't stress as much so more likely to swallow. The cases that spit the food out I leave for a few days or so and then try again with a gentle massage of the food item into the gut.

Cheers
Andy

Awesome! Yeah it's definitely faster than massaging it down so I would think that would have an affect! :) thanks for the reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back