question on a licenced person dying

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icuucme2

Reaction score
ok a morbid question but been thinking about it. What happens when the licenced person dies, what can the family member do about selling the reptile/s when there not the rightful licence holder? I assume they would need the death certificate to prove and im not sure lol

ok a morbid question but been thinking about it. What happens when the licenced person dies, what can the family member do about selling the reptile/s when there not the rightful licence holder? I assume they would need the death certificate to prove and im not sure lol

When my dad passed away I purchased my own licence and his carpet python was transferred onto mine via dpi... I don't remember having to display a death certificate but I was 16 at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just using myself as a example, if I died theres no way in hell any of my family members would want any snakes lol. so what would they do ?

I don't know what's involved but I've already decided who I'm handing mine down to...

just using myself as a example, if I died theres no way in hell any of my family members would want any snakes lol. so what would they do ?

I'm not sure... unless you specified in a will or something they would probably go to dpi and go into the ballot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No ballot in queensland.
If it is a concern of yours then find someone you trust to deal with the matter if it arises.
From what I have been able to find out a nominated person can find homes for the animals after someone has passed. Provided of course they are going to licensed persons, movement permits are completed etc.

i am actually the nominated person in someone's will and it is my job to look after details of it ever happens. In this case
hundreds of animals so I hope it never happens for
more reasons than one.

In qld next of kin is given a short grace period before having to get a licence to either trade all held animals or keep them

my next of kin would never keep them that's for sure. I was curious to know so I better make arrangements aint gonna live forever lol

Hmmm,interesting question...My son who lives with me and has his own licence and reptiles would probably just adopt all my critters, he has 6 pythons, various bluies and a monitor ATM whilst I have 4 species of dragon and a pair of pythons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back