ID please - Not a great photo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutulue

Reaction score
I want to apologize in advance for the bad photo quality.
Was at night as I released the snake into the bush and used a torch and my rubbish camera phone.

So if the quality is too poor I understand.

Location: Cairns QLD. In the garden of our apartment complex. Lots of kids wandering by so I thought best to move him on. He was quite aggressive and reared up and struck at several people before I caught him and took him to some bushland.

Length: 1.2m - brown and lighter brown markings. Young Taipan maybe? Or Tiger snake?
Before anyone freaks out and tells me I should have called the experts and not touched it I have been catching and releasing snakes since I was 10 - so like 35 years. Got fairly experienced at it as we lived next to cane fields and bushland and had a snake in our house every year or so.

Snake.png

Brown tree snake (Boiga irregularis).

Cheers, Cameron

Ahhh how boring.Was thinking it was more dangerous. Thanks for the quick response.
Lol, is abit boring compared to the others. I love when the red bellied black snakes are out and about hanging around. I'd just be happy it hadn't got my birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back