Bluetongue Breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsReptiles

Reaction score
wondering if blue tongues always give birth when they breed? is it always succsessful or will they not get gravid sometimes? Can they have phantom pregnancies?

Of course there is always a possibility that a breeding will result in no offspring- the condition of the breeding pair, as well as both of their fertility levels and the care of the mother during pregnancy can and will effect the outcome.
and of course there are just times that, for no apparent reason, the breeding was not successful and you end up with nothing.

Its hit and miss but the chances are pretty good if they "hook-up" properly

- - - Updated - - -

yes they allways give birth
Thats like saying everytime a human has unprotected sex they will produce a baby, just like us there are many factors at play

Just keep an eye on them and care for them like you have until now, and you should be fine. I'm no expert on skinks but that's the basics.

yes they allways give birth

As I said, I'm no expert on lizards, but I would have provided a more constructive reply then that. Or simply asked for help. Its not a sin to ask for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back