Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smitti, you're right as the largest tristis would not hesitate to bite you if you were silly enough to put your fingers near its mouth. The other two have made no attempts to bite (yet). The largest tristis was my first so unfortunately I had no experience with them, and wasn't able to tell the gender of the animal, and had to rely on the word of the seller who was apparently a well known taker. The other two were sold to me as male and female, and the medium sized tristis definitely has smaller tail spurs, barely noticeable, and is the most secretive. The smallest and largest lizards have larger tail spurs, and they're fairly similar in shape too.

Don't blink, you'll miss it!

05db7e8d28dfd6b580b36d78488338e7.jpg

Smitti, you're right as the largest tristis would not hesitate to bite you if you were silly enough to put your fingers near its mouth. The other two have made no attempts to bite (yet). The largest tristis was my first so unfortunately I had no experience with them, and wasn't able to tell the gender of the animal, and had to rely on the word of the seller who was apparently a well known taker. The other two were sold to me as male and female, and the medium sized tristis definitely has smaller tail spurs, barely noticeable, and is the most secretive. The smallest and largest lizards have larger tail spurs, and they're fairly similar in shape too.
Tristis are super easy to sex by spurs (one of the few that are), if you can see a noticeable difference in size then you have a pair

I will always find more room. Besides, big house, and I don't need much space myself :)

It must be a very big house to fit, what is it, two Merten's, two Sandies, and now a Lacie! I'm finding it hard to find enough space and none of my lizards are that big! But my house is on the small side, and the bedroom is unfortunately out of the equation thanks to silly DPAW rules. Just imagine how much more critters I could have if my bedroom was free! :)

It must be a very big house to fit, what is it, two Merten's, two Sandies, and now a Lacie! I'm finding it hard to find enough space and none of my lizards are that big! But my house is on the small side, and the bedroom is unfortunately out of the equation thanks to silly DPAW rules. Just imagine how much more critters I could have if my bedroom was free! :)

Got a few more than that :) I do keep a few in my bedroom, I'm not aware of any regulations in vic preventing this... Basically anywhere in my house is fair game as long as it makes sense.

Last edited:

Hahahahahaha. There's a few more at his place than that!!! He's nuts, that's the only conclusion I can come up with. But I bloody love it!!

Last edited:
Before we downsized to move we had reptiles in nearly every room. Our son refused to "lend" us some space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Before we downsized to move we had reptiles in nearly every room. Our son refused to "lend" us some space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bloody ungrateful children. If u could only go back and take his bedroom away.

- - - Updated - - -

Hows that little indicus going smittiferous

Bloody ungrateful children. If u could only go back and take his bedroom away.

- - - Updated - - -

Hows that little indicus going smittiferous

Growing, still as sketchy as all hell though. Little bugger had climbed on a temporary clamp lamp I had in its tank and earned a minor burn on its belly, so it's spending some time out in a dry tank next to my PC until the burn heals properly. The extra exposure to humans seems to be helping a little, no longer immediately bolts when it sees a human, as long as you pretend to ignore it.

Growing, still as sketchy as all hell though. Little bugger had climbed on a temporary clamp lamp I had in its tank and earned a minor burn on its belly, so it's spending some time out in a dry tank next to my PC until the burn heals properly. The extra exposure to humans seems to be helping a little, no longer immediately bolts when it sees a human, as long as you pretend to ignore it.
Ouch. Hopefully it heals up soon. I went and looked at a few hatchies on Sunday they are a beautiful monitor

Latest posts

Back