ID on a snake in an interesting location

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This was seen in Broome. Now I know what I think it is but it doesn't make sense...

IMG_5555.jpg
IMG_2661.jpg

Wow. Very interesting indeed, you're right it doesn't make sense. Keen to see if others in the know can suggest any alternative id or explanation. Unless someone was keeping one and let it go/it escaped??

Going off the location, the head shape, colour and what I can count of the dorsal scales I'm going with a Brown. Either P mengdeni or P nuchalis.

Definitely not a RRB if that's what your thinking Stuart.

Cheers,

George.

Last edited:
It was George, you got me. The dorsal scale coloration caught me as I have never seen a Psuedonaja sp with that coloration before.

Thanks for setting me straight me and answering the question.

Stu

The belly looks reddish due to the dirt but like you said, deceptively not a Eumundi Lager.

Yeah I would say brown, nice coloured one though. Mengdeni are probably the best looking brown out there

it is a juveniile red belly the way i can tell is the way head is shaped defintly not a brown!

old thread - it's definitely a northern brown though, you don't get red bellies in the north-west

bredli freak its mendgeni not nuchalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back