Herping Locations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have a week or so off work and have been thinking about doing some herping during that time.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for herping in Victoria. I'm in the Eastern suburbs and don't want to travel too far, but would love any suggestions on the best areas to visit.

Langwarrin flora and fauna reserve is pretty good, it's right nearby too. I use to go there regularly and I've found jacky dragons, bluetongues and snakes(copperheads, red belly black snakes and tigers). You could even try different parts of the Pines forest, including the small area near the carrum downs police station. It's even closer and I've found the same animals there.

I can't give you any specific locations, but i often find deciding on what you want to find first can help. If there is a particular species you want to get, then target areas in which they occur. Use web sites like the "Atlas of living Australia" and government sites for record locations of particular species. This can help you narrow down locations.

Thanks for the replies so far...

No specific species in mind and have looked at the Atlas of living Australia to see where sightings of Lacey's have been...

Love to go out on a field trip with you Stompsy. Get in touch when you have time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back