Vivarium / Paludarium for frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@greggles91 have you thought about establishing some Insectivorous Plants in your Viv??? they do very well with wet feet and very low nitrogen content soil, plants such as the "Venus Fly Trap" and some of the smaller pitfall traps like the carnivorous bromeliad's would look spectacular in your Viv and add another dimension to it, when you put your frogs in I would imagine you would be feeding crickets and woodies and those that the frogs did not eat would eventually fall foul of the insectivorous plants. If you did not have the obvious room for them they could be put in floating sealed rafts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

@greggles91 have you thought about establishing some Insectivorous Plants in your Viv??? they do very well with wet feet and very low nitrogen content soil, plants such as the "Venus Fly Trap" and some of the smaller pitfall traps like the carnivorous bromeliad's would look spectacular in your Viv and add another dimension to it, when you put your frogs in I would imagine you would be feeding crickets and woodies and those that the frogs did not eat would eventually fall foul of the insectivorous plants. If you did not have the obvious room for them they could be put in floating sealed rafts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling
Hi ronhalling,

Was thinking about it but wasn't sure how suitable they are with frogs? Foest the fact they are carniverous even though my frogs are too big now snd the second being how hardy they are to climbing frogs. My frogs have been in a few weeks now and are doing a pretty good job at toppling over and ripping out plants. Have definitely been thinking about it though.

Bit of an update for every one.

You will notice frogs and fish are in and doing well.

You will also notice some change in plants. Have really been struggling with the moss and keeping it from going brown. Have kept most of it in there but have added a pond grass I got from the nersery which seems to be going well both in and out of water.

The dwarf baby tears died off all of a sudden which Is a shame cause it looked really cool in a nice carpet over the waterfall. I increased lighting to get more light into the water section and it seemed to have died off not long after that. Potentially the cause but not sure. I may try some of the normal baby tears and see how I go.

Bromeliad to right has several pups now and I have added a couple of new ones too.

I have also added a small water outlet on right side of tank too. Was originally meant to be a dry side but the lack of water (and me watering that area) just wasn't working for me.

If you have any questions let me know.

Cheers

Greggles

7bf183840bbe19e11d36203ba3b93977.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last update.

Aquatic plants have gone wild which I love. Fish are going well especialy the Bristle nose catfish who have bred.

Frogs are doing well and are super active. Hopefully the perons bred one day.

Still looking for adult red eyed tree frogs but very hard to find!

Cheers Greg
88bcba9960d7d77cb48e3f0f0d35b32e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last update.

Aquatic plants have gone wild which I love. Fish are going well especialy the Bristle nose catfish who have bred.

Frogs are doing well and are super active. Hopefully the perons bred one day.

Still looking for adult red eyed tree frogs but very hard to find!

Cheers Greg
88bcba9960d7d77cb48e3f0f0d35b32e.jpg

Can I ask the dimensions of the tank please?

I am wanting to do something like this for my Green Tree's!

Can I ask the dimensions of the tank please?

I am wanting to do something like this for my Green Tree's!
Hi it's a 3ft tank. Not sure about other dimensions but it's a pretty standard size.

Cheers

Greg

Great work mate!
Been wanting to do a custom planted tank for a while now. Inspiration sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back