Uncommon Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MixoMitosis

Reaction score
My father who has kept lizards and skinks for years recently found this little guy around his house on the south coast of vic around Phillip Island and neither he nor I have ever seen anything like it or had any luck identifying it.so I was wondering if there was someone more experienced out there who knows what we are looking at here, as my father is very intrigued and would very much like to know what it was.

20161228_125829.jpg

Yeah, he's definately a looka. Would be nice to get a photo of one.

It's a Ctenotis of some type, not a White's... Once again I'm sure Mr Eipper will come to my rescue soon...:)!

Oops... I just got off my backside and had a look at White's Skink... I think you're right and I'm wrong :(!

Jamie

Last edited:
It is a juvenile White's Skink Jamie. Their colours and patterns are highly variable dependent upon their locality. This one's pretty consistent with those found around around Phillip Island.

cheers,

George.

Looks like an Adult White's Skink Liopholis whitii.

The Victorian and Tasmanian animals are much smaller than their conspecifics in NSW.

I have seen gravid females with svl of 55mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back