Pygmy Beardie Info Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsjustme

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have just recently taken my brothers Pygmy bearded dragon home to live with us. I have been looking online for info on the species but there isn't much information in regards to them. She is about 7 years old and has been living in a little tank on only crickets her whole life. How long do Pygmy beardies live for? Are they generally kept at the same temperatures and on the same diet as BD's? I've been trying to feed her a huge assortment of greens but she is refusing everything except crickets, woodies etc. I've also upgraded her tank to a 65 gal converted fish tank with basking light and reptisun 10.0. any more info would be much appreciated as there's barley anything on the net. Thanks guys ☺️

Other than feeder insect size , needs to be smaller for pygmi beardies than for their larger cousins, and getting away with a smaller tank size for a SINGLE pygmi beardie , you wont be far off the mark if you follow a good central bearded dragon care sheet wrt UVA and UVB, basking temperatures, zone temperatures, bedding materials.

65gal is a huge tank for a single pygmi beardie , bigger will always be better wrt tank size.
A reptisun 10.0%UVB will be fine.

Others here will give you their cool and warm zone tank temps and aim basking temp that they find work for pygmi beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back