Ceramic Heat Emitter Busted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
just wondering if anyone has had any issues with CHE not working first time? I bought one (exoterra) a couple months back and installed it today in the right fitting, only to find that before it ceasing to turn on at all. Before that it made a crackling/popping noise, a burning smell, and parts of it glowed bright orange, I unplugged it, let it cool down and tried again, second time is when it stopped working.
Kinda annoyed since one of these put me out 50 bucks, hoping the place I bought it from will give a refund or replacement.
Anyone else had any issues with these? Or am I just extremely unlucky
thanks lads,

Before you do that, have you had anything else in the fitting that did work? It could be a loose wire in the fitting.

Before you do that, have you had anything else in the fitting that did work? It could be a loose wire in the fitting.

Yeah I put in a regular bulb afterwards to check the wiring, the other bulbs worked fine as did the thermostat, the CHE also had a crack in it too.

Look out for the viper brand. I believe they have a 10 year warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back