Herping On The Atherton Tablelands

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hi everyone just came back from the Tablelands and thought i share some photos of some reptiles i managed to see unfortunately you're rarely there to see all of them but these are the ones i did get on camera.

Went to Eagles Nest Wildlife Hospital to pick up an Inland Carpet Python (Morelia spilota metcalfei) which we released on the verandah and into the rainforest.
DSCF1878.JPG

A species of frog caught in the act i can't remember the species but please identify if anyone can.
DSCF1929.JPG

Juvenile Eastern Water Dragon (Physignathius lesueurii) one of many we found (counted like 20)
DSCF1940.JPG

A Saw Shell Turtle (Myuchelys latisternum)
DSCF1979.JPG

A Boyd's Forest Dragon (Hypsilurus boydii)
DSCF1991.JPG

Another smaller, but greener Boyd's Forest Dragon (Hypsilurus boydii)
DSCF2013.JPG

An Adult Eastern Water Dragon
DSCF2039.JPG

A juvenile Amethystine Python (Morelia amethistina)
DSCF2044.JPG

And finally a Eastern Water Skink (Eulamprus quoyii)
DSCF2016.JPG

And i also spotted a juvenile monitor now it had white spots and a flattened tail (typical of a water monitor) so i believe it was a water or mangrove monitor if anyone can confirm this for me that'd be great.

Thanks, it was a great trip

Last edited:
That makes a lot more sense mate, Morelia spilota mcdowelli. Also Proserpine is a locality form of the coastal carpet python.

the Carpet Python is Morelia spilota cheynei. Water Dragons are Intellagama now, Boyd's are Lophosaurus now, the Frog are Litoria serrata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back