Are My Barking Gecko Eggs Dead?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeustheGecko

Reaction score
Hi all, my thick tailed gecko laid two eggs about 65 days ago and they still have not hatched.

I've been incubating them at 26 - 28 degrees Celsius in damp vermiculite.

They have not caved in on themselves or grown mould, they are round and mostly white, and larger than the other two eggs I have in the same container.

However they have dark patches inside them and also in places the surface is very pale yellow. I know it's not not a good sign when they are yellow but I have had in fertile eggs before and they were a lot more yellow than these.

They are coated in a bit of red sand because she laid them in it, so I can't completely see them.

Are they going to hatch or are they dead?

Thanks so much

Last edited:
Hi , this season my 1st clutch of two eggs hatched on the due date . 2nd clutch ten days latter. I cooked at 28degrees . Be patient they should hatch. Thick tails are also known to have a dud clutch or two each season for some reason .. is this your lizards 1st breeding season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi , this season my 1st clutch of two eggs hatched on the due date . 2nd clutch ten days latter. I cooked at 28degrees . Be patient they should hatch. Thick tails are also known to have a dud clutch or two each season for some reason .. is this your lizards 1st breeding season?

Yes, this is her first breeding season. The first clutch she laid were fertile but caved in on themselves after a week. This clutch has seemed bigger and whiter than the other I have Incubating right now.

Just leave them. I often have thicktail eggs go well past expected hatch dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back