Heating. Which Is Best?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanting some general opinions and experiences on heating?
I'm a newbie,I'm getting a childrens python and I've been doing A LOT of research but I just wanted to hear peoples personal experiences on set ups they have used.
Lamp or heat mat or both? What set up do you find works best?
I live in South East Queensland where is gets quite hot and humid in Summer and in Winter it doesn't get that cold : )
I'm open to all opinions, just wanting a general consensus
THANKS!

Well I currently have two enclosures with a heatmat each, and one enclosure with a heat globe instead.
Heatmats do aid in digestion for the snake, and because of that your reptile will mainly just lay on the hot spot for most of its time.
However my spotted python who's in the enclosure with the heat lamp is still digesting his food essily, and he's pretty active.
I think it's more of a personal preference, but they do both have there own purposes. Heatmats for underbelly heating and heat globe for basking and genera air temperature :)
I personally prefer heatmats though, mainly because they are lower wattages so help keep the electricity bill lower!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks so much, I really appreciate the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back